One destination opens a world of opportunity
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 (subject to experience) + excellent rewards and benefits
Our payslip is only part of the package
To become the most efficient single runway airport in the world, Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. Gatwick Airport Ltd (GAL) has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
The Communications Executive will work within the Gatwick Corporate Affairs team implementing a wide-ranging communications programme externally to the press, through our social channels, and to our employees. As a Communications Executive you will proactively seek new ways to tell the Gatwick story as the airport looks ahead to an exciting future. As such we're seeking an enthusiastic candidate with strong press office experience and corporate communications skills.
The Communications Executive role is diverse, so you'll need experience in proactive and reactive media work, digital and social communication. The Communications Executive will engage our employees, and wider partners across the airport campus as we move into a dynamic new period for the airport.
In order to be successful as a Communications Executive can you demonstrate?
- Experience in a busy communications environment within a PR/communications/media/ role
- Excellent communication skills for both external and internal audiences
- Ability to turn technical information into engaging, creative communications
- Good understanding of the British and international press, media relations and social media
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills and understanding of different styles of writing for internal and external audiences
- Creative approach and enthusiasm for generating new ideas
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to remain calm in a fast-paced, changeable environment
- Strong customer service skills to effectively manage the competing demands of various stakeholders
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Passion for the industry and commercial awareness
- Strong interest in keeping up to date with current affairs
Does this sound like you?
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 45 million passengers to over 220 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth. It has beaten its stretch EBITDA target every year for the last five years. Passenger volumes have grown by over 40% in the eight years since private ownership.