Business Development Manager (subs/digital/print/events)
Our client is the market leading media brand for commercial lawyers and in-house counsel, both in the UK and globally. With unrivalled audience in print, digital and events, their marketing solutions team provides its clients with highly relevant and effective channels to engage their target markets.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the delivery of revenues from international law firms and key suppliers into the legal sector. This is a portfolio sell across subscriptions, print, digital advertising, webinars and events. You will have a yearly target with a mixture of renewals and new business.
- Inherit and grow a client base of top-tier law firms, legal service providers and vendors
- Build fruitful relationships with key decision-makers within existing and new clients.
- Become a trusted advisor, applying insights from data and content
- Assist the Commercial Director in setting budgets and Go-To-Market strategy
- Devise account plans and acquire industry knowledge that will help convert new business
- Negotiate cross-portfolio deals and drive new product adoption to increase account value
- Take a hand in managing junior team members
- Achieve and exceed monthly revenue and activity KPIs
- You’ll quickly build your profile and gain a rich understanding of this exciting and lucrative market, both within the UK and internationally. You will never get a better chance to capitalise on your hard-won relationships than in the fastest-growth area of this pre-eminent brand.
- You will enjoy unfettered access to your market. That access will allow you to beat a new path. A path that brings the best content and the most actionable data to clients and allows truly strategic decision-making in a market experiencing huge disruption.
- As a key employee on a flagship brand you will be in the spotlight from day one.
Character & Qualifications
- Experience; to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate 4+ years of exceptional sales performance within B2B subscriptions / SaaS sales or a related area.
- Personality; you can quickly establish trust and form relationships with new people
- Mental acumen; you are a natural problem solver, able to think on your feet and think laterally
- Persuasion; you can bring people to your point of view with a combination of hard evidence and soft skills.
- Tenacity; you can maintain momentum in moments of adversity, keep a positive outlook and motivate those around you with your high work rate, infectious energy and natural enthusiasm
- Curiosity; you are an active listener, constantly seeking to further your understanding of the market in which you operate.
- A Bachelors degree, equivalent or above.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.