Head of Media Relations
We are looking for a PR professional with extensive experience of developing, delivering and managing media relations campaigns for enterprise businesses. The Head of Media Relations will be a highly motivated self-starter with vision, strong management and leadership skills.
This role is responsible for building our clients international media relations business therefore, the candidate should be tenacious with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Head of Media Relations will build and foster relationships with key stakeholders across traditional and online media channels; establish and implement strategic communications plans; and develop, write and/or approve messaging for press releases and pitches, talking points, social media, speeches, media statements, op-eds, letters to the editor, etc.
Our client is a leading expert in news and factual production and the distribution of PR content. They provide production and distribution services through a suite of
products ind their clients range from adidas and IKEA to Lamborghini and PwC.
* Develop and execute a strategy for significant and rapid growth in our media relations business.
Manage in-house and external clients’ international media relations activity, including:
• working with clients to develop and write press releases, advisories and scripts
• when required, provide consultancy to identify or develop stories and angles
• build project related databases
• sell-in to journalists, bloggers and influencers
• set, monitor and exceed client KPI’s
• report to clients on campaign outcomes
• manage client relationships on a day to day basis
* recruit and manage media relations professionals to deliver freelance or contract services for clients in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US.
* manage media relations campaigns delivered by freelance media relations professionals.
* supprt the sales team with proposals, pitches and the sale of media relations projects.
* the World in News & Factual Content, Channels & Distribution
* build and maintain databases of journalists based around our business verticals.
* develop and lead a strategy to build journalist engagement with, and “sign up” to, our clients products. This will include planning, project managing and executing regular networking and marketing events for journalists within DMA Media’s target verticals.
* Manage GDPR issues relating to our journalist databases.
Essential skills and experience
• Five to seven years in a busy PR or communications agency
• Extensive experience of:
o managing and building journalist databases
o designing, selling, managing and executing media relations projects for enterprise
businesses in the UK, Europe and United States
o developing PR messaging, press releases and scripts
o line management of at least one staff member
o working with senior client stakeholders
o data analysis and reporting
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Attention to detail and excellent proof reading
• Detailed knowledge of GDPR
• Thorough knowledge of sales processes and account management
• Good knowledge of media database tool
• High degree of competence with a range of presenting tools
• European languages desirable but not essential
The Head of Media Relations will:
• be enterprising and tenacious
• be a strong team player
• demonstrate the ability to be an inspiring leader
• have a structured approach to their tasks
• be steadfast to ensure the right information is correctly communicated in a timely
• be process driven but highly flexible
• be personable and engaging
• have a strong interest in current affairs
• have an excellent grasp of the UK and international media and public relations landscape
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Apply for Head of Media Relations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly