Senior Business Reporter
Haymarket Business Media’s award-winning B2B brand Horticulture Week is the leading provider of high-value business information for the £25bn UK horticulture and landscaping industries.
We are now looking for a senior business reporter to lead our coverage of the commercial landscape market – from reporting on major landscape-led regeneration projects such as London’s Kings Cross redevelopment - to researching and creating high value data reports such as our Top 100 Landscape Contractors ranking.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Tracking and reporting on the major landscape construction and management projects in the UK
- Researching and writing weekly analyses on key developments affecting the landscape market, major landscape projects and leading landscape businesses
- Developing excellent contacts with leading landscape designers, contractors and suppliers in order to report on their projects.
- Reporting on major tenders and other business opportunities for our professional landscape audience
- Delivering our exclusive Top 100 Landscape Contractors research report and related products
- Maintaining a strong focus on internal HBM analytics to understand which content is most highly valued by our audience
You will need to be numerate and confident with data – and have the necessary skills to take full responsibility for the successful delivery of research and editorial projects to the high quality that our audience expects.
Deadlines are everything in our business so you’ll need to be an expert at time management - and able to thrive under pressure.
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of writing for a professional or business audience
- A recognised journalistic qualification or equivalent experience
To apply, please submit a CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the job, as well as three examples of by-lined articles (ideally via online links)