Senior Test Engineer
Our Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring that the software products we produce meet the requirements defined, using a mixture of automated, explorative and manual testing techniques.
As the final gatekeepers of quality before our work is seen by users and clients, our Test Engineers play a critical role in how we deliver, and they’ll be absolutely obsessed with delivering excellence.
The Test team own and develop the testing framework, always looking for new ways to improve quality and efficiency.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will take the lead in defining and developing our testing framework, guiding others in following it, working within it and line managing more junior team members.
We’re pivoting our focus away from manual testing towards automation and this senior role is instrumental in bringing this plan into life.
What you will do…
- Working from requirements (often feature files) you will be designing, creating and maintaining test plans, regression test suites and test reports.
- Building new and maintain existing automated tests and integrating them into the CI pipeline
- Performing accessibility, load and stress and high-level security testing, as well as manual UI testing, cross device testing and explorative testing as appropriate
- Building our test framework from the ground up, with the help of the developers, and ensuring that it is fit for purpose and followed
- Beside web application testing, there will be opportunities to assist the wider business, including the marketing and data functions, with their testing needs
What you will need to succeed…
- You’ll be highly competent at building, debugging, maintaining and running automated tests, with experience in Specflow and Selenium (or similar technologies), and be comfortable executing manual testing too
- High proficiency with source control using Git and have a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines, with the ability to configure tests to run within them.
- The ability to write clear, well documented and easily maintainable code in C#
- Plenty of experience turning functional and non-functional requirements into test plans and planning sprint work around testing using creative techniques and solutions
- You’ll be a genuinely excellent communicator with the ability to fit comfortably into an Agile team, having a sound understanding of Agile delivery frameworks
- Ideally you will have experience performing web accessibility test as well as web application security tests, with knowledge of key risk areas
- You’ll be a competent manager, mentor and teacher but also, a passionate learner, always seeking to advance your skills and understanding of a problem
This is us…
We are Prophecy Unlimited, the forward-thinking, Bristol-based agency that thinks life is better when it’s joined-up. From attention-grabbing content that engages people into a brand, to seamless CRM that keeps them there. We are 120 spirited individuals who work with clarity, curiosity and vision to join up the journey from acquisition to advocacy.
Prophecy Unlimited is part of The Unlimited Group, which brings together a unique blend of discipline experts from across 26 specialist companies to offer a world of thinking without limits.
What we give…
You get to work in lovely contemporary offices in the heart of Bristol with likeminded talented people who share your passion. Plus, there’s career development and training at every turn, a generous holiday allowance, your birthday day off and early festive closing. You even get the chance to take a volunteer day to support a cause you care about.
We do all the stuff you would expect:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
And we do a few things you might not expect…
We keep you going with fresh fruit, breakfast on us and great coffee. We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 4th October 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Apply for Senior Test Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly