4 days left
We are looking for an outstanding Scientific Director to join our medical division working for our medical communications agency, OneTwoZero.
In our Scientific Director we are looking for a leader, someone who is passionate about communicating highly scientific content in an educational setting and is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You will have significant previous experience within medical communications including writing, developing and reviewing high quality scientific materials and working with external experts. You will be confident in your decision-making abilities and able to develop consultancy relationships with our clients to become their trusted advisor.
You will work closely with our Client Services function to develop the business, establish standards and internal processes and deliver high quality work to pharmaceutical companies, charities and professional medical associations.
OneTwoZero is a newly established agency so this role will suit someone who is interested in being part of an upcoming young agency where you can really add value and make a difference, happy to muck in to deliver the work, as well as being a key stakeholder in shaping and growing the business from the ground up.
- Leading the Scientific Services function of OneTwoZero ensuring scientific accuracy and integrity of all medical communication and education projects
- Part of the agency management team with responsibility for business strategy and growth
- Providing in-depth knowledge and understanding of the product, therapy area and market for a variety of accounts
- Providing strategic direction to team members and other colleagues, based on commercial needs of the business and thorough understanding of clients’ needs and objectives
- Actively engaging with and helping to drive strategic account planning
- Working effectively with the Client Services function to establish and maintain efficient internal operations and processes
- Confidently leading scientific discussions in client meetings / teleconferences and engaging external experts in high-level scientific and medical discussions
- Playing an integral role in business development activities, helping to identify areas to grow existing accounts and develop new leads as well as co-leading new business initiatives, including preparation for, attendance and presentation at pitch meetings
- Critically reviewing project work of freelancers and providing final checks to ensure quality standards and client objectives are met
- Management and scheduling of workload of medical writers, freelancers and editorial support staff
- Being responsible for the recruitment, training and development of members of the scientific services team as the agency grows
- A strong scientific background, ideally with a PhD and/or MSc
- Proven experience as the scientific lead on accounts and working in high-volume environment with skill and speed while maintaining the highest quality
- Strong ability to interpret data and translate into audience appropriate materials for pre- to post-launch products
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and current knowledge of medical and pharma industry issues
- A full understanding of industry regulations and guidelines
- Broad therapeutic and scientific experience covering a spectrum of programmes and projects
- The ability to immerse yourself in new therapy areas and products when needed for new business opportunities or new accounts won
- Comfortable building trusted advisor and consultancy relationships with clients and HCP's
- Able to travel as per business needs
- Experience in respiratory and cardiovascular an advantage
Candidates on a permanent or contract basis will be considered.