Team: Fundraising and Partnerships
Role closes - 12:00pm, 2nd Oct 2019 BST (Europe/London)
£42,000 - 48,000
The Media Lead is responsible, in conjunction with the Head of Media, for developing PR ideas and strategic media plans for Comic Relief associated fundraising campaigns (including high-profile Sport Relief and Red Nose Day activity) and events. This role will support the Comic Relief press office, including joining the on-call rota for out-of-hours media enquiries, and the lead the recruitment and management of campaign staff.
Key Accountabilities / Objectives
- Lead the development of strategic and creative media plans aimed at maximising the profile of Comic Relief’s work in national and regional media. This includes monitoring and evaluation of campaign success and continually striving to improve approach and ROI of projects.
- Bring creative and innovative thinking, generating PR activity that delivers against objectives and articulates key messages in a fun and bold way.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organisation and partners to ensure an integrated approach to media coverage and maximum impact – working especially closely with Talent, Marketing and Social teams.
- Pro-actively deal with inbound media interest and follow up with relevant spokespeople/key colleagues to ensure a smooth process from start to finish.
- With support from Head of Media, manage recruitment process for campaign staff including PR agencies – identify resource needs within the team, draft job descriptions, conduct interviews and line manage staff.
- Join the 24/7 on-call rota and be prepared for some work outside normal office hours, particularly during busy campaign periods.
- Risk awareness and reputation management - monitor the press regularly to identify appropriate opportunities and potential threats to the promotion of the work of Comic Relief and other key partners. Work with Head of Corporate Comms and senior stakeholders to manage and mitigate potential risk.
Essential Education and Skills
- Extensive PR industry experience.
- Experience of delivering high profile media campaigns in the national media for major UK or global consumer facing brands and companies.
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience line-managing more than one person at a time.
- Extremely organised and able to juggle, prioritise and delegate projects appropriately.
- Creative mind, adept at finding the news hook and bringing out the story.
- Proven track record in making things happen – delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Confident in a fast-paced working environment.
- Passion for building strong relationships.