Senior Integrated Planner - 2 new roles at world class agency
Our client is a very successful global agency, widely admired and recognised for their expertise. Their focus will especially appeal to those strategists who are seeking a more sophisticated, entrepreneurial and complex planning challenge. Our client specialises in creating fully integrated communications programmes by combining elements of brand strategy, communications expertise and customer experience for arrange of world class organisations, from pharma and financial services, through to luxury and technology. Their creative offering extends from brand and visual identity through to advertising, digital marketing and content creation. Their focus is predominantly corporate and B2B, although there is some consumer planning in the mix too.
You’ll be part of an expanding team of 5 planners reporting directly into their outstanding planning director. There are genuine opportunities to progress to strategy director. Although this hire is as a result of a new client win, you will also work across their range of accounts, so there will be a wide variety of stimulating challenges.
Your responsibilities as a senior planner will include:-
- Overseeing key projects independently
- Shaping strategic thinking and decision making across your accounts
- The ability to develop brand strategies and propositions; creative briefs; client presentations; audience profiles; customer journeys; communications and channel strategies
- Writing decks with a good narrative
- Communications planning
- Taking a big-picture view of your clients’ challenges; considering all factors that might affect their brand and communications strategy and developing strategic recommendations to drive our clients’ businesses forward
- Positively impacting the agency creative product through sharp insights, inspiring briefings and productive collaboration with creative teams
- Developing and substantiating a strong point of view, presenting with authority, being able to take internal and external audiences on a journey
- Preparing and facilitating client planning sessions and strategy workshops
- Designing, commissioning and managing research to support the development of strategy and creative work
- Defining measures of success for initiatives and evaluating the impact of our work over time
- Playing an active role in new business pitches and presentations
Skills and experience
- Ideally proven experience (circa. 5+ years, perhaps in a spectrum of 4 - 8 years' relevant experience) in a similar role within an integrated agency, or perhaps a research agency specialising in B2B comms. At any rate you’ll need to have solid experience of developing integrated B2B communications.
- Able to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Can provide new ways to solve the problems identified and create opportunities for the development of great work.
- Demonstrable craft skills: writing briefs, developing insights, inspiring creative work, constructing arguments
- Exemplary communication skills and an ability to quickly build rapport with client and agency teams
- Demonstrates a curious mind that looks for and learns from new information or experiences and an ability to think innovatively to develop creative solutions
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career at a top agency. Realistic starting salary to £65K with a little additional upside to say £70K if you’re spot on brief.