A rare opportunity has arisen within the Haymarket Automotive division for an exceptional Marketing Manager.
Reporting into the Marketing Director, you will have the chance to make your mark on the future of the What Car? brand. You’ll be an experienced marketing manager with a strong background in acquisition and retention marketing (preferably from an e-commerce background), who can also turn their attention to broader marketing activities including brand management. You'll need to be someone who can be both very hands on and think about the bigger picture - helping plan, manage, and optimise B2C and B2B marketing activity across all channels - ensuring we send send out the right message (and image), delivered to the right audience, at the right time.
Why work with us?
What Car? is part of the Haymarket Media Group and is the UK's biggest and best car buyer's guide. We’ve been helping consumers make purchasing decisions for over 45 years through our trusted reviews and advice.
In 2018 we launched our new car buying platform which seamlessly completes the car buying journey from research to purchase by connecting in-market car buyers with a network of trusted car retailers, in a safe and trusted environment, in which we’ve already done the haggling!
Our mission is to take the pain out of the car buying process by making it a smoother, frictionless, less pressurised experience. At What Car? we believe it should be easy for car buyers to make the right choice with confidence.
Our values aren’t just words – they’re the way we do things at Haymarket. Our success is fuelled by the dynamism, creativity and expertise of our people. But more than that – it’s crucial for us to behave with independence and integrity: towards each other, towards our audiences and towards our clients and partners.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
You are someone who can demonstrate...
- Strong results driven capabilities
- A good head for numbers, able to look at data, spot trends and challenges and work out how to overcome them
- Ability to work with a wide range of people using your own initiative
- Prove you are self motivated, effective at multitasking, and capable of prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Hands on experience with paid platforms including AdWords, TrueView, and Facebook etc
- Experience with HTML and CRM tools
- Good understanding of analytics tools (inc GA & Tableau)
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Enthusiasm for our brands and understanding of car buying (you don’t need to be a petrolhead though)
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!