Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
£45,000 to £50,000
Major Players are really excited to be working with a brand that's going to make Britain a better, smarter, and more efficient place to live. You'll be working in a company that's mission is to literally change the future of Britain, and that's what you'll get to do every day alongside other friendly, passionate, and award-winning people. The organisation itself is all about being conscious of the environmental impact our society has, and so the organisation itself is focussed on its own sustainability - thereby leading the way and setting an example for us all.
A pivotal member of an award-winning team, our Social Media Manager acts as the editor-in-chief for our social channels, leading our strategy to engage and inform the British public on the social media sites they visit daily.
Your remit will span the entire organisation, acting as the social expert on all briefs and social content - working seamlessly with PR, advertising and brand teams. As our in-house thought-leader, you will re-think how we use social media, defining our channel strategy and overseeing our network of agency heavyweights. Seeing social campaigns from inception to fruition, you will be pivotal in delivering our company-wide objectives.
You will not only oversee the creative development of social content, but, with your team, you will also have oversight of community management. As comfortable with numbers as with copy, you'll put measurement at the heart of everything we do, to ensure we deliver best-in-class results for our investment.
Some more details:
- Lead our social campaign content strategy and development (including organic), managing a network of agencies and internal resources to develop campaigns and content calendars, providing regular updates on project progress and flagging risks with the Head of Digital
- Contribute an expert view to the development of campaign assets, inputting your knowledge of what works on our channels, relevant industry insights and data from our social listening tool BrandWatch, to make our campaign content the best it can be
- Work with our Website Manager, our Performance Manager, our creative and media agencies, and the Head of Digital to dissect results and optimise our creative on social channels to maximise its effectiveness and push it to meet KPIs
- Lead our community management strategy, using social to identify advocates of smart meters
- Lead our social content planning from a creative perspective, working closely with our Performance Marketing Manager who's role is to ensure our paid social content is fully optimised for performance
- Define and apply all procedures and protocols to govern our use of social media and guide activity across the organisation and our agency partners
- Responsible for a robust crisis plan for social media and supporting our Social Media Assistant in monitoring our social listening tool BrandWatch for social media threats
- Line manage the Social Media Executive, with a responsibility for their continuous development
- Act as an escalation point for questions and comments that develop around our social media posts
Interviews will very likely be happening this week and next, so if you want to be part of that then get in touch with me, Matt, on 0207 845 7708. Or you can email me on email@example.com. I'm also on LinkedIn if you want to connect there: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthearnden/