Marketing Executive - CIPD Events
Are you a creative, practical marketeer, who is commercially astute, good at nurturing relationships and confident at delivering engaging customer focused campaigns? Do you also love events, busy, dynamic work environments and looking for your next challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity within the marketing department of our Professional Associations events division at Haymarket Media Group. The suitable candidate will work across our CIPD Portfolio of large scale annual events. Supporting the Marketing Manager to deliver robust marketing plans, based around the strategies devised for; the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition and the CIPD Festival of Work.
We are looking for an articulate and enthusiastic team player. With strong project management and analytical skills, and the creative flair to help shape and deliver relevant, engaging campaigns to drive lead generation and customer retention. The ability to build rapport with key stakeholders, internally and externally, as well as potential and existing clients is vital. Able to communicate effectively and present your ideas with clarity, offering a creative edge, with a tenacious can do approach.
You will be skilled at delivering on and offline campaigns and creating eye-catching and informative print and digital collateral to support the overall event growth and Commercial Sales teams objectives. Confident in executing marketing plans and activities across the full marketing-mix, to drive engagement, with the ability to project manage multiple campaigns and execute them successfully and to time. Experience within exhibitions or a large organisation is a must, and an understanding and exposure to the People Profession or working with professional associations would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager for the CIPD large scale events, this role will allow the right Marketeer to gain experience executing marketing plans and helping grow and fulfil contra partnership activity, to ensure the outcomes are aligned with the overall show and marketing objectives. With a focus on Visitor, Delegate, Exhibitor and Sponsor marketing campaigns; from generating and engaging leads, to supporting customer adoption and conversion, and improving customer advocacy for the CIPD events and the wider brand.
- Effectively manage workload, ensuring consistency of communication and that key stakeholders are properly briefed on mechanics, desired outcome, effectiveness of campaigns and timelines
- Working with the Marketing Manager, brief-in all relevant marketing creatives and show messaging to be created before the start of each show cycle
- Support the delivery of digital campaigns with the Marketing Manager and Senior Marketing Manager
- Help build relationships with potential strategic partners, suppliers and customers
- Deliver all sponsorship and partnership activities, including coordinate timelines and managing day-to-day communications with partners
- Report on the progress of all partner agreements and customer engagement
- Monitor partner channels to ensure they are fulfilling the agreed activities
- Regularly run reports on key channels and analyse results, to help guide the direction and delivery of the event’s campaigns and targets
- Aid the development of engaging, creative, innovative messaging, which enlightens clients and promotes brand-focused messages, which are customer centric and benefit-led and ultimately help to drive revenue
- Ensure each show’s websites and content are up to date, clear and engaging
- Work closely with the Commercial Sales team and Marketing Manager to ensure key objectives and initiatives are aligned, with clear lines of communication and providing the right level of support and direction to drive lead generation
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally including industry partners, the media trade publications and the CIPD
- Attend external events and meetings when required
- Review efficiencies and processes across the roles remit with aim to improve where required
- Understand the importance of good data and analysis to help develop customer insights
- Generate new ideas to help shape the Marketing Manager’s event strategies, through engaging content and collateral
- Demonstrates commercial market knowledge and business acumen
- Monitoring competitor and trade association activities
- Build in-depth understanding of the People Profession and CIPD’s wider audience
- Develop marketing and events knowledge, keeping abreast of the latest industry updates and trends
- General marketing admin, including; raising POs, creating guide files of collateral and saving down, filing relevant documents and creatives
The ideal candidate:
- Team player
- Highly ambitious and self-motivated
- Has a structured approach to problem solving
- Enjoys having autonomy over their role
- Actively seeks to become a ‘master’ in their area of responsibility
- Takes ownership and accountability of their role
- The confidence and ability to forge strong business relationships/ partnerships
- Can demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly and effectively, taking a proactive rather than reactive approach
- A strategic thinker with good analytical, numerical and communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills – demonstrating a high level of attention to detail when planning and briefing in work
- An innovative and creative ability to identify and develop new initiatives
- Adept at building email campaigns with targeted messaging
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing including SEO, PPC, Google Ad words, banner ads and re-targeting campaigns, to drive website traffic, engagement and lead generation and mobile apps
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and stakeholders
- Proficient proof-reading, editing and copy-writing skills: willingness to devise and edit content across all platforms
- High degree of computer literacy – confident using Google Docs and Excel to manipulate and work with data to assist with reporting
- Exposure to using; Salesforce Marketing Cloud and WordPress would be advantageous
- Ability to report and analyse campaign results and draw business conclusions
- Experience in a publishing / event / exhibition background, ideally from a big organisation or with knowledge of the People Profession
Haymarket is an award winning B2B media and information company. Our market-leading brands help their audiences when it really matters - from buying their next car to changing their careers. It takes true expertise to earn that kind of trust, which is why we only employ market specialists.
Over 16,000 companies around the globe turn to Haymarket to help their businesses grow. They know that we’re experts in speaking to audiences at the right time, on the right platform. And we do it in a way that creates a powerful, lasting relationship that delivers real results.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our working culture:
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s professional association team is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work.