Business Development Manager - Architectural Portfolio
Want to work for a fast-growing content, subscription and events business. Our clients industry leading brands sit at the heart of business, this business is Architecture. Sales people here are ambitious, curious by nature and use this to create great work products and solutions. Their sales people are great communicators to their customers and have deep personal integrity. They are a performance-driven growth business with an entrepreneurial and sociable spirit. The portfolio consists of two magazines with websites and a major three day event, a global festival including an awards evening with lots of sponsorship opportunities.
Purpose of the Role
• To sell sponsorship and marketing solutions across this Architecture portfolio
• To ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across agreed territory
• Proactively and strategically source and secure new business revenue in agreed territory whilst managing and growing existing accounts (70/30)
• To sell the full range of products in the portfolio from print and digital through to sponsorship campaigns
• To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues. To identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth year on year
• Prepare strategic plans and identify opportunities for new business growth
• To make the agreed number of calls, trade show visits and client meetings to ensure regular contact with new and existing clients in order to grow revenue and market share (some international travel may be required)
• Closely monitor market and competitor activity and understand the market forces affecting the sector.
• To be the recognised face of the brands across customer types in specified territory.
New business development - proactively and strategically targeting and confirming new business revenue for the portfolio. Ensuring a high level of quality client interaction (phone, trade shows and qualified meetings). Securing clients who have not previously spent with the brands or who are lapsed (a year or more).
Relationship Management - Maintain regular contact (through both face-to-face visits and telephone contact) with existing client and build excellent working relationships in order to increase each brand’s share of their clients spend & YOY growth of all existing account spend.
Sales Performance - To support the Commercial Director to implement the operational sales plan, to deliver / exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. To identify and assess new product development to ensure sustainable growth
Collaborative Working - Work in partnership with the sales, editorial and events teams to ensure that revenue targets are reached and exceeded where possible
General Tasks - Keep track of personal run rates and maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline
• Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
Preferred but not essential
• Experience in a B2B publishing and events sales environment
• Sales experience in/knowledge of the built environment sector
Skills & Competencies
• Results driven
• Strong business acumen
• High standards
• Excellent communication skills: able to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
• Structured and organised, but also flexible
• Planning & Organisation
• Commercial Awareness - including creative solutions
• Sales structure & process
• Relationship Building
• Communicating and Influencing