Community Manager / Social Media Manager - Much-loved FMCG Brands!
Are you a Community Manager or Social Media Manager looking to join a fresh-thinking, dynamic and energetic agency? This is a fantastic opportunity for a Social Native to work on some of the nation's most loved FMCG brands at this global creative agency based in buzzy Covent Garden.
You will enjoy the variety of working across 2 well-known brand names. One of which is a brand new social win for the agency. As well as creating content, the agency will be managing all of their social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest), owning their social calendars, refining tone of voice, advising them on best practice and recommending reactive content that you’ll be responsible for creating. This is an ambitious client who have won various awards in the last few years and they're keen to keep it up!
The other client is a long-standing client of the agency and they have been creating engaging social and digital campaigns across their entire product portfolio. They’re a great client to work with, excited by big ideas and technological innovation. The agency's primary responsibility lies in managing all their social channels: Facebook; Instagram; Twitter; & YouTube – some of the busiest newsfeeds in the country.
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, passionate Community Manager/Social Media Manager. A great communicator who can work with a diverse range of teams. The successful candidate needs to be socially native, with experience of managing, coordinating and responding across platforms, particularly Facebook and Twitter. They will need to be responsible for owning the day to day management of the account (from posting content, ensuring timely responses, manage social media calendars to top line analytics, while maintaining brand TOV) and working with another Community Manager..
A strong understanding and interest in Social Media is fundamental with Community Management at the core. In general, you need to be positively buoyant; resilient and up for a challenge, whether it be responding to consumer queries, developing social FAQs or collaborating with the brand or team on reactive content or crisis/incident management.
All candidates should enjoy working as part of a close-knit team working alongside 2 other Community Managers in the agency and the respective client account teams.
This position will report into an Account Director. And ideally, have a minimum 2.5 years’ experience working on a fast-paced brand well-versed in handling high volumes of consumer-chatter.
The role will require some weekend and evening cover to support reactive social content or crisis management.
Core Skills / Experience:
- At least 2.5 years’ experience managing social media channels
- A passion for communications and Community Management – a great communicator
- Detailed understanding of posting brand content to and responding on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter channels, ideally on a high-volume, fast turnaround social brand account
- Clear knowledge of the social media landscape and optimization of content on key channels
- Experience of working with social moderation tools e.g. Sysomos, Sprout
- Experience of social analytics tools and reporting metrics preferably Crimson Hexagon
- Strong and creative wordsmith and proof-reading skills
- Fluency in English
- A self-starter with an eye for detail
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment working to tight deadlines with the ability to multitask
- Robust understanding of brand reputation and Social Crisis Management
- Ability to work across client /agency departments to deliver cross-functional responses through social channels – and to co-ordinate with PR and CGA counterparts at times to adapt media or legal statements
- Ability to lead and foster close relationship with CGA, Customer Care team and PR agencies.
- Comfortable taking a risk-balanced approach to social in responses and content and the ability to identify issues before they arise / escalate accordingly.
- Day to day management of social communities for 2 key clients across all social media channels – regular posting and monitoring of content, ensuring timely responses to customer queries and tone of voice consistency
- Primary contact for PR/Corporate & Government Affairs (CGA) and Customer Care, ensuring the best social consumer responses for campaigns or potential contentious conversations. This will also involve adapting or putting together Social Q&As (campaign, new product, contentious media topics)
- Ownership of social processes/procedures (approval, scheduling, monitoring), including regularly reviewing our Crisis and Incident Plan and inputting into relevant ‘Wargaming’ sessions prior to campaign launch
- Ownership of the clients Content Calendar – inputting activity, shuffling and flagging possible clashes. Pre-empting/planning work load off the back of this
- Taking proactive ideas for social copy and content to the client
- Custodian of the client's social reputation
- Joint Lead (alongside an Account Director) of relationships with Sysomos, Facebook, Twitter and Google
- Lead on the clients monthly reports and social media workshops.
- May be required to develop ad-hoc social content across reactive projects. This could be through additional copy or pushing the creation through the agency from design to approval with client.
- Positive, upbeat personality
- Expert communicator
- Natural collaborator - someone who can work with a diverse range of teams internally and externally, at a range of levels
- Problem solver - someone who works towards a solution and open to working with a team to find the fastest/best outcome
- Energetic - is able to inject a high level of personal energy into helping the team
- Committed & resilient – has the willingness and appetite to work around the clock when needed.
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Healthcare access (private doctor, physio etc)
- Free breakfasts, fruit, soft drinks
- Friday drinks / fully stocked bar after 6pm
- 2 x company away days / parties a year
- Annual competition to pitch for tickets to an industry event such as SXSW in Texas or Cannes
- Focus on craft, industry and personal development training, and genuine access to the Board
- Charity opportunities within working hours
- New starter lunch & buddy scheme
Plus, upon completion of probation:
- Flexible Benefits Scheme including options such as: evening classes, gym contributions, Bike2Work Scheme, Childcare vouchers, Amazon Prime and more
- Auto-enrolment to company pension scheme (3% agency contribution on qualifying earnings) .
This role won't be around for long! Send us your CV today!