Senior Ui Designer
3 days left
We are recruiting for a Senior UI Designer to work for a special interest content and platform company based in West London. Our clients fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,400 people across eight divisions and they own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK.
You'll be part of the digital team for one of the UK's well know brands based in Hammersmith, London - working alongside Product Managers, Developers and UX Architects to create great digital experiences. You'll also need to be comfortable working creatively on UI designs, with guidance from the Senior UI Designer.
They build great experiences by applying agile methodologies and iterative feedback to the design process. They have regular stand-ups with the wider team and work closely with Product Managers and Developers on a daily basis. The UI designer should be comfortable guiding a brand vision and be at ease delivering that on mobile, tablet and desktop. Ideally, you'll have an understanding and appreciation for User-Centred (evidence based) Design that adheres to atomic principles and a curiosity for the unique challenges of designing for mobile and touch.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate and collaborate closely with Developers and provide feedback during development sprints.
- Work closely with UX to create beautiful and engaging user experiences
- Drive a collaborative and iterative design process to create great products
- Develop and work within the style guide to make sure our UI is consistent throughout all digital products
- Experience mentoring other designers and collaborating with developers
- A good understanding of front-end technologies
- Experience working products across multiple channels (web, social, native mobile)
- The ability to justify design decisions and confidence to back them with data and insights
- Experience working to an agile design process, collaborating with other disciplines
- Deliver both low and high-fidelity designs
- Support the UX team in user testing and research process
- Stay up to date with industry, and wider global trends
Ideally you will have experience which includes:
- Solid UI design experience - You have several years of solid design experience in creating digital products in product led companies (web and native apps). You'll have an eye for design and be focussed on the detail taking accessibility into account.
- Experience creating and working within a design system: You feel comfortable creating a design system and working with a library of components.
- Experience in applying brand on products: You have the ability to translate high level brand guidelines to design elements that fit with the product and improve its efficiency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- You'll have familiarity with the technical constraints and limitations of designing for different mediums. You'll be skilled at responsive layouts - and up to date with current typography and colour theory.
- Experience with all the tools - You'll be proficient with industry standard design tools (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch/Sketch libraries, After Effects) and possess a good knowledge of prototyping tools (such as Axure, Invision, Proto.io) plus MS Office
- Applying best practice design approaches to a variety of brand types
- Confident in building design guidelines to support decisions
- Experienced in digital standards like web fonts and accessibility.
For a complete spec. please register your interest. We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted
Apply for Senior Ui Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly