Account Director (PR/Content)
We are looking for a stunning Account Director with experience of the PR/Content Distribution sector to join a global leader in news and factual content, channels and content distribution who has offices in the US, UK, Europe and Asia. Our client designs, builds and manages digital “media centres” to distribute the PR content of global brands including IKEA, PwC, KIA, adidas, FILA, Lamborghini, Porsche and the IMF. They also provide those brands with strategic consultancy, editorial and production support, media relations and live broadcast at major events and launches.
The Account Director will be responsible for the retention, growth and overall success of a number of their key accounts. Your account management processes, project management skills and overall approach will set the standard for the account management team based in the US, Germany, India and Italy.
We are looking for an experienced professional who will hit the ground running. You will bring tried and tested processes that will impress their clients, increase retention and growth, and ensure the team is performing to the highest standard. You’ll be the day-to-day contact for customers, educating on best practices and new relevant features, sharing data and insights, enabling them to drive stronger and more engaged customer relationships. You’ll act as a trusted advisor, quickly developing a deep understanding of their business, their industry and challenges.
- Develop and manage relationships with approximately 10 key clients
- Perform regular (weekly, monthly and quarterly) reviews with customers on goals, challenges, insights and opportunities, listening for upsell opportunities
- Quickly develop a comprehensive knowledge of products and services, and build close working relationships with teams which sell, design, build and deliver products and services
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the brands they serve including their values, priorities, commercial requirements and operational needs
- Provide regular updates to the internal team on client pain points and issues
- Working closely with the Sales Director to implement client success initiatives and processes, coaching and training the other account managers. Devising a 12-month retention plan with key goals around relationship development, continued product enhancement and upselling
- Identify expansion opportunities with existing accounts - working closely with the sales team to uncover new opportunities at group and brand level. Opening up relationships with new stakeholders, influencers and individual business units. Utilising expertise from product, production, editorial and media relations teams
- Be the leading advocate for our solutions within the customer organization, across multiple departments – talking and meeting regularly, not relying on email
- Oversight of content publishing
- Provision of high quality monthly and on-demand reports for clients, ensuring content is useful and understood
- A detailed knowledge of client contracts and SLAs
- Project management of product roll outs, production and services to your clients
- Creating high quality pitch documents, sales materials and marketing materials
- Quickly gain a thorough working knowledge of the CMS and “back end” of platforms
- Track client news relevant to the relationship and brief colleagues and managers across the company as appropriate
- Identify customer adoption and usage issues, and collaborate internally to find smart solutions to resolve such issues
- Inspire customers to think strategically
- Champion on behalf of your customers for improvements and advancement of the solutions, and continually drive to innovate the product suite and features
Essential skills and experience
- A minimum of six years’ experience in client facing roles, preferably within a competitor environment
- A track record of working with senior clients at enterprise brands, with evidence of relationship building and growth
- Strong knowledge of the PR industry
- Team management
- Project management
- A good knowledge of broadcast and online production
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Language/s a great advantage
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.