Editor, Supply Management
Supply Management is an award-winning, multi-channel brand aimed at supply chain and procurement professionals – which means it has a crucial role in explaining everything from Brexit to the cost of beef steak for an audience at the epicentre of global business. And now the brand, produced for CIPS (the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply), is looking for an editor to take on one of the most challenging, diverse and rewarding roles in business journalism.
Supply Management helps its audiences face global challenges, solve problems and move mountains (sometimes literally) in pursuit of knowledge and value. And it does it across all channels: print, online, social and live in four continents (Africa, Asia, Australasia and Europe).
The editor will primarily be based at Haymarket Business Media’s Twickenham headquarters leading a dedicated and highly motivated team, but there is the opportunity for business travel and a strong requirement to build an active network of contacts and represent the brand at events and on platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an established editor or an ambitious journalist with a strong track record in business media keen to take the next step in their career. Being comfortable working across channels and running a story platform that feeds great content to all the right places is a pre-requisite, as well as:
- A passion for business issues and a willingness to engage in and understand the challenges facing Supply Management’s readership
- The capacity to build a network of contacts to expand the brand’s voice and remit
- The ability to oversee and contribute to magazine production, including flatplanning, copy editing, sub-editing with InDesign, creative development and proofreading
- A track record as a writer
- An understanding of new technologies and how they can be used in the context of business publishing
- Strong communication and management abilities, including the confidence and capability to represent the Supply Management brand, and by extension CIPS, in senior level round table events and potentially in video or broadcast content and public platforms.