Deputy Director of Marketing (Volunteer)
Your new team
Our award-winning Marketing team help us to produce world-class multi-channel campaigns with global reach. The Marketing team play a pivotal part in designing our out-of-home, TV and online advertisement. They're also responsible for the design and development of our website and app.
Your new volunteer role
You’ll be second in command to the Director of Marketing to lead our award-winning and diverse team of marketing creatives and professionals. This includes developing the overall strategy and concept of Pride in London’s annual campaign (previous examples include Pride Jubilee, Love Happens Here and No Filter). You’ll collaborate closely with the various sub functions that make up our Marketing directorate, and cross functionally with other teams such as Operations, Communications and Strategic Partnerships to activate the campaign.
Day to day duties include:
- Deputising for the DoM at Board Meetings
- Leading on campaign development as the primary point of contact for agencies we work with on the main campaign
- Planning and running Marketing Team Meetings
- Supporting the Director of Marketing in other areas including brand, media, events, fundraising and digital
- Acting as an additional marketing point of contact for internal and external partners
- Helping across on-the-day branding
- Working with other Deputy Directors across the organisation to ensure clear communication between marketing and other teams
- Ensuring Pride in London continues produce world-class multi-channel campaigns with global reach.
- Build and nurture relationships with media owners, partners and agencies.
- Measure the value and impact of Pride in London’s Media output.
Who you are
You’ll be an all-round marketer with a broad base of experience across campaign management, digital and brand. You’ll be working at a mid-senior level and able to demonstrate thinking strategically and delivering results through a team. Ideally, we’d like to see extensive client-side marketing experience at senior level but this is not essential to the role. Someone who has a broad, professional network of contacts that could support and enable our strategy would be ideal for this position.
- Able to demonstrate tangible experience of delivering results by managing 3rd party agencies
- A solid list of contacts in the marketing and advertising worlds would be very attractive
- You’ll be an excellent communicator, both written and orally
- Experience managing meetings and large teams
- You’ll have first rate project management skills able to deliver complex, integrated campaigns on time and to budget
- We need an adept multi-tasker; used to managing multiple projects and multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- You’ll be a creative person; bursting with ideas and enthusiasm
- We are looking for someone who wants to build their profile within Pride in London, the marketing sector and LGBT+ professional networks
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
What you’ll get from Pride in London
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
- Meaningful leadership experience
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Join our marketing team via the apply button!