Head of Media (Volunteer)
Your new team
Our award-winning Marketing team help us to produce world-class multi-channel campaigns with global reach. The Marketing team play a pivotal part in designing our out-of-home, TV and online advertisement. They're also responsible for the design and development of our website and app.
Your new volunteer role
As Head of Media you’ll lead the team responsible for planning and delivering all of our advertising media. In practice this means you’ll work on a strategy to activate on of Pride in London’s 2020 campaign (previous examples include Pride Jubilee, No Filter and Love Happens Here) across various mediums and platforms. You’ll need strong negotiation skills to ensure the campaign is as cost effective as possible and guarantees Pride in London the exposure required to make us the UK’s biggest free LGBT event of 2020.
Day to day responsibilities:
- To blag, buy, plan and deliver all of Pride in London's advertising media
- Build and nurture relationships with media owners including Channel 4, ITV, Facebook, Google and a full range of media owners and partners across out-of-home, print, radio, digital and cinema
- Strategically plan all of Pride in London's media, working closely with the Deputy Director of Marketing and Head of Marketing Campaigns to ensure media and creative are closely aligned
- Deliver and manage iconic media moments such as TV launches and the Piccadilly Lights takeover
- Measure the value and impact of Pride in London's media
- If Pride in London chooses to work with media agencies and 3rd parties you’ll be responsible for negotiating and managing those relationships
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Media Partnerships
- Build a relationship with relevant LGBT+ industry and networking groups
Who you are
You’ll have a strong professional background in Media or at a Media agency, ideally at a mid-senior level. You’ll be a self starter with a broad network of industry professionals we can leverage to support campaign development for Pride in London. Ideally, you will also have some background in delivering results through a team you have managed.
- Great relationship building skills, as this role will be building and owning partnerships with a large number of media owners
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Project management; ensuring all copy/creative is delivered to media partners on time and in the correct format
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
What you’ll get from Pride in London
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
- Meaningful leadership experience
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Join our family via the apply button!