Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will plan and oversee the execution of all subscription and delegate marketing for your allocated brands activity including subscriber and delegate acquisition, subscription renewals, onboarding and engagement, lead generation and audience engagement. You will also be involved in supporting the commercial teams with relevant marketing collateral and data.
You will have proven subscription and conference marketing experience within a B2B media environment, including an appreciation and understanding of database marketing and analytics techniques.
This is a very exciting senior marketing role working for a leading media organisation with ambitious growth plans.
As Marketing Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop detailed, timed and costed annual marketing plans for the main brands in your group designed to deliver the annual subscription revenue, volume and yield targets for each brand
- Oversee the development delegate marketing plans for each conference in your portfolio
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Marketing Executives/Assistants in your team: oversee their execution of the marketing campaigns as detailed in the marketing plan; sign off and approve all copy and collateral, manage training requirements and performance management
- Ensure consistent marketing messages are maintained by brand and deployed accurately and consistently across all campaigns and media including accuracy of copy
- Measure and report on the efficacy of all subscription and delegate marketing activity across all channels using the agreed marketing department templates.
- Update designated subscription and conference revenue reports according to the schedule outlined by the Marketing Director on time and accurately
- Continually test and refine marketing campaigns to increase conversion and response rates
- Develop and test strategies for increasing marketing data both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Be confident interrogating the in-house database with support from the Data Team
- Work closely with the marketing executives to develop data selection criteria which ensures that the most relevant and targeted audience is selected for each marketing campaign (subscriptions and conferences).
- Assess the coverage of our in-house data and the reach of our media partners for our conferences and always produce detailed plans on how to bridge the audience gap with the creative use of the marketing channels available
- Manage relationships with key marketing suppliers including telemarketing agencies and fulfilment bureau
- Work closely with the Editorial teams to develop engaging content marketing solutions aimed at growing user engagement online
- Be an integral part of the business team and will help drive and inform the division’s growth and value strategy.
Some of the experience we're looking for in this role will be:
- Proven, relevant subscription and conference marketing experience in a B2B environment
- An excellent track record of developing and testing online conversion paths
- Strong campaign management experience, based on a solid knowledge of all elements of the B2B marketing mix, database marketing techniques, response analysis and an understanding of analytic techniques
- Proven team management experience
- Excellent time management skills – you must be able to organise and prioritise a varied and full workload
- Highly organised and with an ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Plenty of drive and ambition.
Some of the skills/knowledge, you'll possess are:
- Subscription marketing
- Conference marketing
- Team management experience
- Communication skills
- Analytical and pragmatic approach
- Time management and decision-making skills
- Plenty of creativity and flair.