Senior Account Director with solid digital/CRM experience, paying up to £65k
Our client is a very respected and desirable network agency and they are looking for a highly ambitious Senior Account Director / Group Account Director to lead its largest automotive client.
This role will lead the CRM and retail teams in delivering within CRM highly targeted data strategies against client sales targets and in retail focusing on the customer experience and messaging to support the network of retailors across the UK. There will be a requirement and the opportunity to take an integrated approach, working across teams within the agency as well as with the client.
As Senior Account Director you will be leading a client services team made up of Account Directors, Account Managers and Account Execs. You will need to love all things digital and data in this environment that can range from sharing your knowledge with team members and the wider agency through to overseeing briefs for data strategies, understanding the necessity of analytics to scoping with project teams. You will be a supportive and development focused manager to your direct reports, whilst instilling confidence in clients who will challenge ideas, but who also want to be challenged.
We are looking for a retail, CRM champion with an integrated mindset to help push this account forward.
The client is based outside of London and the candidate will have a weekly presence in the head office (this will be more frequent when needed). The client does also travel to the London office when needed.
What we need
An ambitious Integrated CRM / Retail expert who’s looking to take their career to the next level in a new kind of global agency. Offering the unbridled energy and broadening opportunities of a start-up — together with the support of the network — this is a rare and exciting opportunity to play key roles in accelerating the digital and marketing transformation of one of the world’s most prestigious brands.
Your focus will be on 2 areas of the UK business; retail and CRM the split being 30/70 (Retail / CRM). The CRM knowledge must be built from a background in local market data activation, understand what is required to activate key customer insights, understand how to orchestrate the customer journey across different touchpoints. The retail arm of the business requires the experience of a SAD with retail mindset and has been exposed to multi-retailer digital display environments. This is a unique opportunity to lead not 1 but 2 areas of the business.
The 2 teams require a SAD who’s able to manage multiple projects, build strong client relationships and manage the expectations. Crucial to the role is someone who has gravitas, can manage complex multi-disciplinary teams alongside clients and the demands from 3rd party agencies.
Previous experience of automotive accounts is preferable.
Senior Account Director – CRM / Retail
Oversees the day-to-day running of the CRM and retail conversion team, liaising with clients as well as acting as an escalation point, understands the strategic role the channels play in the overall purchase journey and is able to identify commercial opportunities:
Oversees all CRM and retail work (updates/BAU as well as projects)
- Encourages a data-driven approach across the team and client, working closely with the campaign manager to understand insights and strategic opportunities
- Ensures seamless delivery of projects that are run on time and on budget
- Works with the wider agency team to ensure the orchestration of the customer journey is delivered through the discipline of insights and is key and central to all responses to brief
- Is a CRM champion and has experience working with data strategist; understands and is open to learning more about the wider marketing mix
- Is a senior escalation point within the agency and for the client and understands how to manage information and recommendations upwards and downwards to avoid escalation as well as to ensure resolutions are delivered in efficient time
- Has management experience and is familiar with general HR processes
- Ability to prioritise workload and support team members with management of tasks when required
- Close attention to detail from commercials through to creative and copy
- A confident presenter and strong experience creating presentations for clients
- Able to identify insights from analytics data and make recommendations accordingly
- Independent and truly channel agnostic thinker, who is keen to know and represent the agency business across the different silos of digital, creative, media, CRM, social, UX and others, to be able to connect the dots and be customer centric in approach.
- 8 + years of proven experience in client services with the digital / CRM agency or role, with experience working across other disciplines advantageous
- Strong commercial understanding having previously owned estimating, budget management and forecasting process.
- Comfortable working and reporting into senior stakeholders internally and client-based
- Process driven, experience creating and recommending successful new processes
- Experience managing a client services team and leading a wider team
- Experience working with data strategists and able to clearly articulate key insights derived from reporting and dashboards.
- Broad understanding of areas such as, but not limited to: technical development, web analytics, personalisation, optimisation, customer journey analysis, A/B-testing, propensity scoring and customer segmentation
- Able to think and work across channels and stakeholders, nimble in working approach
- Comfortable deciphering complex briefs both internally as well as for clients
- A positive team player, used to motivating, coaching and managing those around them, happy to get their hands dirty contributing to whatever is needed to help drive the team and our clients’ business forward
- A good communicator, negotiator and influencer whose opinion will be heard and thrives on driving forward change
- Experience working on local, regional and global campaigns
- Solid English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Examples of executional capability, as well as strong ideas/concept development
Please be aware that this is a senior leadership role within a marketing agency. Please only send your CV in if you have worked within an agency previously or within the automotive sector.
Apply for Senior Account Director with solid digital/CRM experience, paying up to £65k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly