We’re growing quickly on both sides of the Atlantic. So we’re looking to strengthen our London studio by adding a Creative Director – Design to the team. You’ll need a minimum of 7 years’ experience and at least two years in a similar role.
Reporting into the Head of Creative, you will have a natural and genuine passion for design and contemporary culture, and a record of creating world-class brand experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity for a CD to work with a talented team on some hugely creative and innovative projects, in both Europe and the US. Our clients (the ones we’re allowed to mention) include Amazon, Snap Inc, ITV Studios, Hulu, Live Nation and Shopify and it’s a client list that keeps on growing.
What is the purpose of the job?
- Proactively works with Head of Creative to generate relevant ideas and solutions to meet client’s business needs.
- Interprets creative briefs and translates them into breakthrough solutions across a range of media, with particular focus on spatial design, live events and experiences.
- Create high quality creative solutions that inspire and delight our clients.
- Present creative work to clients and stakeholders in a clear, compelling and inspiring way.
- Line manage and mentor a team of designers at various levels of experience.
- Manage studio workload and workflows to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- In the Head of Creative’s absence, to act in a leadership role and deliver the agreed creative direction/vision on each project.
The DesignScene values that we look for are:
Sound like you? Get in touch.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
What do you have to achieve?
- Creative development of the client’s brief to ensure that all goals are met.
- Generate ideas and solutions that meet the brief and bring them alive in multiple media, including events, experiences, video content, event graphic design, etc.
- The visualisation of a brief from draft concepts to innovative design solutions.
- Effective use of the creative process framework.
- On time delivery of all creative material from all relevant teams, produced to the highest standard.
- Builds good cross-working relationships with other members of the agency and maintains a shared responsibility for the overall quality of project output.
- Be aware of all deadlines and financial budgets on a job, ensuring delivery within these parameters.
Job Activities – what do you have to do?
- Visit sites to ensure understanding of the space and allow creation of appropriate design solutions.
- Head up brainstorming sessions with colleagues and clients to generate creative ideas.
- Play leading part in pitch presentations.
- Liaise with clients where required, taking the lead in creative presentations and discussions.
- Manage the whole design process from concept to final execution and installation, ensuring quality is maintained at every step.
- Sketch out concepts to demonstrate likely outcome and discuss initial look and feel with Head of Creative and production team.
- Manage other team members to ensure appropriate and accurate work is created on time.
- Working with Head of Creative and production team, evaluate all design output to ensure it’s fit for purpose and stays true to the original concept and theme.
- Regularly evaluate market in order to keep pace with changing trends.
- Liaise with production team and suppliers as required.
- Negotiate cost effective quotes for relevant aspects of the brief.
- Plan ahead in terms of managing time zone differences across international teams.
- Contribute to the resourcing of projects through partnering with resource planning manager to suggest the right person for the right role when allocating work.
- Line management of individuals, taking responsibility for mentoring and developing line reports and junior members of the design team.
- Ensure performance management process is carried out for your line reports.
What are the skills required?
- 7 years + in a creative leadership role.
- 3D design experience within a professional agency/studio environment.
- Clear communication skills.
- A flexible approach with the ability to multi-task.
- Proven time management skills.
- The ability to take ideas and effectively translate into innovative design solutions.
- A detailed knowledge of the creative process.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
What technical knowledge do you need?
- Design degree or equivalent.
- Strong 3D design portfolio focused on live event and experiential sectors.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of 3D & 2D design, video production, print, web and other digital design processes.
- Strong technical knowledge of creative design.
- Highly skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite.