Senior Test Engineer
At Prophecy Unlimited, we’re all about making every moment matter; by pinpointing when and how people connect with a brand and maximising the value of each interaction to create more effective experiences.
Here, values are more than just words on a wall. They underpin everything we do, every day. And we’re always looking for more like-minded people to join us.
- Authentic through and through, we always keep it real.
- With constant collaboration underpinning our work, our people support one another to be the best they can be, because we’re in it together.
- For us, “that’ll do” will never do. We always find a better way – for our clients, our business and our people.
About the role
Our Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring that the software products we produce meet the requirements defined, using a mixture of automated, explorative and manual testing techniques.
As the final gatekeepers of quality before our work is seen by users and clients, our Test Engineers play a critical role in how we deliver, and they’ll be absolutely obsessed with delivering excellence. The Test team own and develop the testing framework, always looking for new ways to improve quality and efficiency.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will take the lead in defining and developing our testing framework, guiding others in following it, working within it and line managing more junior team members.
We’re pivoting our focus away from manual testing towards automation and this senior role is instrumental in bringing this plan into life.
Join us as our New Senior Test Engineer and we’ll look to you to:
- Design, create and maintain test plans, regression test suites and test reports, working from requirements (often feature files)
- Build new and maintain existing automated tests and integrating them into the CI pipeline
- Perform accessibility, load and stress and high-level security testing, as well as manual UI testing, cross device testing and explorative testing as appropriate
- Build our test framework from the ground up, with the help of the developers, and ensuring that it is fit for purpose and followed
- Beside web application testing, there will be opportunities to assist the wider business, including the marketing and data functions, with their testing needs
To join us as a Senior Test Engineer you’ll need:
- To be highly competent at building, debugging, maintaining and running automated tests, with experience in Specflow and Selenium (or similar technologies), and be comfortable executing manual testing too
- High proficiency with source control using Git and have a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines, with the ability to configure tests to run within them.
- The ability to write clear, well documented and easily maintainable code in C#
- Plenty of experience turning functional and non-functional requirements into test plans and planning sprint work around testing using creative techniques and solutions
- Genuinely excellent communication skills with the ability to fit comfortably into an Agile team, having a sound understanding of Agile delivery frameworks
- Experience performing web accessibility test as well as web application security tests, with knowledge of key risk areas
- To be a competent manager, mentor and teacher but also, a passionate learner, always seeking to advance your skills and understanding of a problem
In return, we’ll give you:
A warm welcome, just across the bridge from Temple Meads, our modern, open-plan office couldn’t be more conveniently located. Here, you’ll find a collaborative and supportive environment, career development and training at every turn - and all of this, too:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Your birthday off
- A Volunteer day
- Up to 5 days’ holiday buy back
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle schemes
- Fresh fruit, breakfast and great coffee on us, every day
- A calendar of social and charity events throughout the year
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team to email@example.com
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 29th November 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community