Junior Strategy Director - consumer branding and packaging
Independent, creative, strategic, curious, commercial – this agency has a strong reputation for all-round excellence and is a great place to work. Established over 18 years ago, this award-winning team develop creative strategies and ideas for some of the most well-known consumer brands. They provide creative solutions across a range of brand and integrated communication from brand packaging, innovation, visual identity, architecture and communications. They work for well-known FMCG, luxury and lifestyle brands in the UK, Europe and internationally.
Junior Strategy Director - the role
The role of junior strategy director is to provide brand, consumer and category insight, informing the creative brief and helping shape ideas to sell to the agency's clients. You'll be a thinker, a sponge and a filter of information. You'll be responsible for making the agency's strategic and creative offers sharp, relevant and usable.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a leading agency in their prime; the career potential in this role is great for the right candidate who offers creative vision.
The planning function covers four areas - creative ideas, brand strategy, brand architecture and innovation - from concept writing and territory design to ideation.
You may come from any agency background - from marketing, innovation, consultancy, advertising or design. You'll have around 7-10 years' experience and be hungry to grow. You'll understand brand and how it works across different touchpoints. But what will single you out is your creative vision and flair and your limitless capacity to develop ground-breaking ideas, to find simple and eye-catching solutions to more complex issues.
Junior Strategy Director - the outline
- An innate strategist, in touch with today’s brand and marketing thinking; able to sway the hearts and minds of clients and colleagues alike, while making it look effortless.
- Comfortable expressing yourself visually, as well as verbally, delivering insightful opinions on design and its role in the marketing mix.
- Interesting and strong opinions, fed by a curiosity for brands, culture, arts, design and beyond. You'll have trends and insights at your fingertips, able to respond to questions and challenges on the hoof.
- Your thinking will be media-neutral, working across the off- and online worlds, above-the-line and below, with perspectives on tomorrow as well as on today.
- You'll be articulate, able to speak authoritatively in front of any audience. You can express your thinking simply and impactfully.
- You'll have an entrepreneurial spirit, sensing and chasing opportunities wherever they arise. You'll balance brand knowledge with a feel for business.
- You foster consultative relationships, delighting clients with your thinking, spontaneously, as well as when called upon.
- The ability to balance rigour and flair, working logically through a problem when needed, or making intuitive leaps.
- You can express their ideas through analogies or metaphors, emotively articulating the task or the solution (avoiding marketing speak).
- You wear your intelligence lightly, collaborating happily, debating willingly and laughing easily.
- You have ambition - looking grow and develop your career.
For this, and for other planning and strategy roles, please do get in touch.
Apply for Junior Strategy Director - consumer branding and packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly