We are looking for an inspiring, talented and driven Creative Leader for our UK business based in London & Harefield. With a client base spanning UK, EMEA and the globe, the role is pivotal in the continued success and expansion of our global Agency. April Six is an award winning B2B agency that specialises in Tech. We have over 125 team members in 3 continents making this position is a truly critical addition to our exceptional leadership team.
Purpose of Role
To build, maintain, inspire and nurture a strong integrated creative department. To grow the creativity and creative understanding of every agency employee and to ensure that creativity is at the heart of everything the agency does. To act as a creative ambassador internally and externally. As a board member and key player on the senior management team, to proactively lead and contribute to the ongoing vision of the agency. Our HQ Creative lead must play a pivotal role in the wider April Six creative infrastructure across the globe ensuring creative collaboration and shared inspiration.
- Deliver a creative product of the highest standard that generates measurable business return for our clients
- Constantly raise the standard of creative output across all client accounts
- Inspire a culture of creative thinking and innovation throughout the creative department and the wider agency
- Set the creative vision and drive strategies through the entire creative and development process
- Build strong relationships with clients, inspiring and exciting them about our creative work and our delivery on their brand promise
- Attend client briefings, client presentations and pitches as appropriate
- Develop effective quality assurance and sign off mechanisms and to have the final sign off for all work leaving the agency
- Conduct regular creative reviews and report findings and recommendations to the Board
- Lead and if necessary, present the outcome of creative work for new business pitches
- Present creative work to the company at ‘All Company Meetings’
- Actively participate in and raise April Six’s profile within the wider creative industry
- Stay up to date with current trends and to utilise this knowledge to expand your creative thinking
- Act as a role model within the April Six creative community, driving the agency’s creative culture and executing the creative vision throughout the UK agency and across the Global creative infrastructure.
- Drive the creation of compelling case studies and content that can tell the April Six story plus support award entries
- Manage, inspire, guide, motivate the creative department to ensure that they perform at their peak and grow their careers
- Ensure that the creative department structure supports optimal performance
- Manage, mentor and lead the creative team leads and support them in the management of their teams
- Develop the creative team, having a clear talent and training plan that allows individuals to develop professionally and the department to deliver its objectives
- Ensure that all staff in the creative department have regular performance appraisals
- To work with HR/Development to drive creative department recruitment to ensure the ideal balance of skills and personalities to deliver to clients
- To work with client services and planning to build strategic business partnerships with clients
- To review market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for April Six
- To participate in the company strategic plan and decision making and leadership at a senior level
- To manage the operation, productivity and financial performance of the creative department
- Budgets for additional creative services
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for the Role
- Proven creative leadership
- Passion for creativity from conceptual thinking to final output
- A skilled and inspirational communicator, presenting with exceptional gravitas.
- Instinctive brand awareness and demonstrated experience of pushing boundaries and evolving B2B brands
- Broad portfolio of experience – brand development, award winning creativity, digital innovation, mobile and demand generation, ABM etc. An appreciation of how effective design concepts can be applied across a variety of mediums. A truly integrated player
- Excellent people manager and collaborator with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment
- Strong organisational skills with a track record of establishing systems that facilitate the creative process
- Genuine insight into B2B technology marketing would be an advantage.
- Strategically astute and able to get under the skin of a brief to bring complex technical USPs to life.
Highly competitive salary plus a great benefits package including; 25 days’ holiday per year and Bupa Healthcare (this will be added to the package following successful completion of the probation period).