Business Development Director
This leading brand communications company is looking for a Business Development Director to lead and drive their position as one the leading provocative, disruptive and modernising voices in the media industry. This is a central role within the company's leadership team and will play a key role in the future growth and widening influence of the business. You would be joining an ambitious, polished team in their Central London offices and would be making an impact from day one.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a proven career within the media landscape, be it advertising, pr or an integrated background either agency or client-side. An aptitude for thinking and planning strategically is as essential as the ability to exert a natural gravitas when engaging C-suite clients and stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be keen to roll up their sleeves and establish connections across all levels of the business, quickly engaging established and new brand audiences and establishing channels of influence from the first day in the role.
You will be ambitious and bring a huge amount of energy to the table, being a galvanising force for the company, providing clarity of purpose. You will be a natural leader and influencer and be able to demonstrate both qualities through your work to date. You will be able to demonstrate clear business growth in your last few roles and most likely will have carved out unique and effective routes to both influence and commercial success. Ideally, you will already be operating either as a Business Director or Client Services Director within an agency or brand environment and be looking to step up into a senior role with your next career move.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a clear and focused business development strategy for the organisation, and for new and existing products or services
- Overseeing the implementation of the business development strategy
- Collaborating with the Marketing and PR Team – ensuring full collaboration in terms of original content, paid media, events, social media and email with a view to business development success
- Utilising the calendar of company events including webinars, panel events and conferences
- Managing and developing two direct reports, with a view to expand this team over the next 12 months
- Taking the lead in developing a strong BD model to measure and analyse all activity, leading to accurate KPI setting and tracking
- Representing the company brand and ensuring coherence in messaging and tone of voice
- Acting as champion for company-wide GDPR responsibility, including leading meetings with senior team representatives
- Working closely with the product team to ensure product and services are meeting the audience’s needs
Key skills / requirements:
- Essential : 8-10+ years’ experience within a brand, agency or entrepreneurially-minded environment. (Experience with subscriptions and online content is a bonus)
- A media industry little black book that has been built and developed over an established career in similar roles
- A confidence and gravitas with new prospects and established partners, from junior level to C-suite
- A keen interest in the media landscape, a future-focus and an ability to engage and talk with credibility about all relevant topics on the media & brand news agenda
- A pioneering, thought leadership state of mind and a fearlessness to break the mould
- Clear and strategic thinker: proven experience of translating strategy into clear and actionable plans that fit with the rest of the strategy
- Management skills: evidence of managing a small team
- Analytical skills: Proven experience of demonstrating analytical skills within the world of market trends, competitor positioning and as the foundation for marketing strategies.
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne