MEDIA TRADING MANAGER BARTER– PRESS & OOH
MEDIA TRADING MANAGER BARTER– PRESS & OUTDOOR
The Media Manager – Press & OOH supports the Head of Media in maximising trading capabilities, alongside client and agency teams, aligned to department strategy to drive increased revenue and profit, focusing on Press and Out of Home mediums. Alongside their team peers, this role will drive tradability of campaigns across a defined portfolio of agency and media partners, managing productivity for team reports to achieve strategic aims.
- Support the Head of Media in creating and implementing the strategic vision and plan for the development of assigned accounts, media partners, and direct reports.
- Work with Head of Media to ensure implementation of the company’s strategic plans (including key objectives of the 3-Year Plan) and setting of related targets and business plans your direct reports.
- Responsible for the overall performance across your assigned accounts and for your direct reports.
- Design and implement a Media Owner Account Management plan for your allocated medium, with guidance from the Head of Media.
- Lead account management of media partners, where they also act as our client when placing media spend (e.g. Sky, ITV, News UK, Hearst, etc.).
- Maximise billings for clients whilst optimising ownerships by medium and media owner.
- Ensure traded billings deliver against agreed agency and client KPIs.
- Influence and persuade media partners on the acceptance of barter as payment for media space and conduct such trades on behalf of the company’s clients across Press & OOH.
- Explore and create deal structures with the relevant media partners, ensuring suitable account management practices are both created and followed.
- Develop, alongside Head of Media, and implement appropriate strategy for optimal draw-down of inventory positions, presenting advantageous solutions relevant to key agency influencers and client partners.
- Ensure ‘barter friendly’ solutions are promoted and presented consistently to increase client & agency return (i.e. increasing traded billings or return %), and ad-hoc opportunities (i.e. sponsorships or short- term).
- Ensure tradability of existing clients is managed effectively with relevant agency contacts, including overall responsibility for pipelining through existing clients via an agency – working closely with your counterparts on the same patch to ensure all mediums are appropriately covered off.
Skills and Experience required
- A self-starter with ambition to understand the barter business as a whole and not just their own responsibilities.
- Proven experience within the Media industry in an external facing role. .
- Experience of managing or supervising junior team members.
- Able to resolve difficult situations with minimal support from manager.
- Able to exercise own judgement based upon previous experience and knowledge.
- Comfortable in an environment committed to transformation and ability to adapt to the market.
- Driven to achieve individual and group targets, goals & deadlines.
- Driven & initiative to work effectively in a fast-paced environment to fulfil internal/external directives.
- Able to lead effectively, regardless of management experience.
- An effective communicator with excellent attention to detail.
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications.
For more information about this role please contact Nicola on 07766 918 444, should you wish to apply for this role please send you CV to Nicola@greenemedianetwork.com