Guest Data and Insight Lead (Maternity Cover)
We're looking for a Guest Data and Insight Lead to join our team at Wimbledon on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave.
We're looking for someone who can continue to lead on our Guest Data and Insight Strategy.
You'll be expected to drive the use of Guest Data across the business ensuring it's at the heart of everything that we deliver, during The Championships and year-round.
You will ultimately be responsible for managing, understanding and protecting the Guest Database. You'll also be responsible for the management of the team who deliver the my WIMBLEDON programme, executing all Guest communications and growing the Guest database, whilst maintaining the responsibility to continue learning more about our domestic and global audiences and manage evidence and outcomes of that learning.
The Guest Insight Strategy plays a key role in our Brand & Commercial strategies. Insightful and accurate data underpins all wider strategic business decisions - an important aspect of this role.
Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members' club which organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon.
The AELTC has delivered substantial top line growth in recent years and expects that growth to continue in conjunction with an ambitious investment programme in the years ahead.
Understanding our Guest base is vital in supporting our ambition of delivering the world's premier tennis tournament on grass courts.
This exciting role will be responsible for Guest knowledge and behavioural insights, ensuring that they are managed to a standard that successfully influences all business wide projects, including - Guest Relationship Programme, Audience Value & the Guest Experience Master Plan. You will need to be an ambassador to drive a holistic Data & Guest led approach at all times.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead, develop and oversee the delivery of the Guest Relationship strategy for The Championships and the AELTC year-round
- Lead, develop and manage Audience and Guest and understanding, identifying opportunities to add value to strategically deliver Guest insight
- Lead and manage the AELTC's agency support for Guest Communications, Insight and Data
- Continue to drive the AELTC Guest global segmentation strategy and drive understanding across the business wide understanding of Wimbledon Guests
- Oversee the delivery a personalised and segmented, targeted co-ordinated programme of communications for The Championships
- Oversee the delivery of myWIMBLEDON and be a key advocate for delivering personalisation to all my WIMBLEDON Guests
- Maintain the data governance policies
- Be a key stakeholder in helping deliver the Guest Experience Master Plan, ensuring the Guest and Guest insight remains at the heart of business decisions as we develop as a business and awe grow as a site
- Ensure we continue to collect and maintain high quality data on our Guests and be responsible for Guest data quality
- Seek opportunities to integrate the Audience Value and Guest Relationship Programme work into all other projects across the business and help to shape department strategy
- Drive system and process improvements which will enhance Guest data reporting and insight
- Liaise with other areas of the business to ensure CRM architecture is aligned and integrated with other systems
- Develop KPIs and dashboards aligned to department priorities
We take Guest Data very seriously at the Wimbledon and therefore you will be required to ensure Guest data is kept in line with current data protection regulations and company policies.
What you'll need to be successful:
Recent and relevant experience of working in Data and Insight
First class knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office products, ESPs, ideally WCA and/or IBM suite
Excellent understanding of data analysis and ability to identify trends in data sets
Strong Management skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Thorough understanding of GDPR and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), and a desire to keep informed of the latest developments in data law and regulations.
Understanding of Insight platforms and trend analysis
Experience of using insight to steer business decisions, end to end
Demonstrable experience of working with WCA or Silverpop, or similar platforms
Demonstrable experience of working with insight and survey platforms
Understanding and ability to read Data and technical infrastructure diagrams
Ability to work on own initiative
Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Basic HTML knowledge preferred but not essential
Basic photoshop skills preferred but not essential
Degree level or similar education
Enthusiasm and knowledge for tennis and/or sport