Proof-checker/editor Contract (Annual Reports)
Design consultancy are looking for an experienced proof checker/editor to work as part of a team. The team in the main works on corporate and interim reports, most of which are in printed form, however a few have online alternatives. All applicants must have experience of working on Annual Reports. The company also works on a variety of other projects which include corporate brochures, small brand/identity projects, corporate websites, CR reports, marketing literature and presentation material. The studio consists of artworkers and proofreaders. The team is looking for a proof checker/editor to support the studio and client services team in delivering projects.
The role would include
– Checking formatting for style and consistency
– Reading copy against client stylesheets and making sure copy is consistently written across all documents
– General sense checking
– Checking of data against graphs and charts
Candidates should be
– Self motivated and enthusiastic.
– Have good communication, organisational and time management skills.
– Have experience of proof checking corporate reporting projects, especially annual reports.
– Committed to seeing projects through and delivering them to, often, demanding deadlines
– Thorough, with a good eye for detail, working meticulously to get things right, first time
– Engaging, good written and verbal communication skills
– Comfortable at working in a fast-paced, demanding, environment