Customer Services Team Leader
Haymarket’s Conferences division is looking for a Customer Service Team Leader to join our brilliant team.
As Team Leader you’ll be responsible for managing a small team of Customer Service Executives ensuring our customers and stakeholders receive a first rate service when interacting with one of our many live events.
Our conferences division run over 100 live conferences across a portfolio of well-respected b2b media brands as well as working closely with our commercial partners CIPD, CIPS and RCGP, whose large scale events attract between 1,500 to 2,000 paying delgates.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Services, you’ll be someone who is comfortable leading a small team. You will line managing two Customer Service Executives, and manage the wider team in the Head of Customer Services’ absence.
As Team Leader, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, coach and train your team
- Assist operations on site at top level client-led events
- Contribute to and attend post-event wash up meetings
- Deal with queries from the team on incoming customer enquiries via telephone and email
- Ensure that enquiries are dealt with swiftly and efficiently meeting client service levels where applicable
- Manage escalated customer complaints and issues in collaboration with the Head of Customer Services
- Manage the escalated process when venue/dates/content of events change
- Manage the team scheduling of pre-event delegate administration - reminders, joining instructions, payment chasing, badging
- Manage the team scheduling of post-event delegate administration - cancellations, no-shows, thank yous
- Take the lead on set-up of booking system for large scale events
- Take the lead on the invitations module which has grown in use across the business post GDPR and for the new VIP model
- Use coding to refine each event booking set up
- Building and running reports
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities
Some of the skills and experience you will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of emotional intelligence, diplomacy and patience
- Exemplary customer-facing approach and telephone skills including ability to adapt approach to suit relevant brand or client event and perform to client service level requirements
- Deadline and target driven and able to work to client service levels and internal stakeholders’ deadlines
- Experience in working in a pressurised environment
- Previous customer service and commercial skills essential
- Team Player
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s events division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!