Strategy Analyst - Innovation
About The Client
Our client successfully combines the rigour of management consultancy, with the creativity of a brand agency, and the speed of a start-up to unlock fresh opportunities and approaches for a portfolio of A-list brands. Their hybrid approach, a fusion of strategy and innovation, is coupled with elements of culture, commerce and creativity enabling them to offer a unique perspective. Their people are able to span across disciplines, and have the ability to combine different viewpoints and pull on different capabilities. As a team they are relatively small, but growing fast.
About the work
They tend to solve big, complex, juicy problems for which an immediate solution isn’t obvious, and quite often they don’t know where they’ll end up at the beginning of a journey. They've done a wide range of projects, from very strategy-led to more execution-led, from short-term interventions to long-term partnerships, but each time assemble the perfect cast for any given job.
About the projects / output
To give a sense of the type of work they do, here are some highlights from projects which are currently in development or have recently finalised.
They are helping a global brand team-based in California-transition from an advertising-led to a publisher-led model, developing their editorial and promotional strategy, supporting them on the analytics and measurement of their content and serving as an extension of their global brand team.
They have reviewed and improved a famous brands’ organisational approach to content.
Together with a global brand team, they are developing new ways for women to embed more sports into their daily lives.
About the culture
Our client believes that a company’s culture is as important as its output. They want to build a team of people that naturally gel and complement each other. They have strong values in place which guide their thoughts and actions, which they want every member of their team to contribute to. They organise quarterly cultural outings, promote efforts to increase physical and mental health, allow for flexibility in working from home, invest in ongoing training & development and make sure that they constantly review and optimise the ways in which their culture is brought to life.
About the role
This role is for an analyst who is motivated to flex their skills into different strategic disciplines and arenas. Their work spans across digital and content strategy, service design, commercial and business strategy, product and service innovation. We don’t expect you to be a deep expert in each of these areas, but are looking for talent that can comfortably analyse performance across some of these areas.
What you can bring to the party
Ultimately we need someone who gets how successful brands operate in today’s technologically and social driven world. It doesn't mean you have to be a digital nerd but a very good grasp of how consumer behaviour is shifting will be critical. A fascination for business, technology and culture is a head start.
We need someone who is not a jargon monkey and who can articulate observations and data in simple and precise ways.
You will need to bring a sound attitude to the team and be willing to truly get stuck into problems and navigate clever ways through them.
You will be challenged to work independently and use your intelligence, wit and resourcefulness to figure things out. We move fast and will expect you to keep pace with us. You will not be left to sink or swim (we promise) but there will be many occasions when you just need to get on with things.
We tend to be drawn to people who aren’t cookie cutter, who have an interesting edge about them. We like a little flavour and character in the team. We all learn from each other and would love to equally learn from you.
- Craft compelling and articulate stories with data (presenting arguments and stories in less formal ways)
- Have an eye for detail, and a mind for quant data
- Able to present quant data in easy-to-understand and ‘human terms’
- Comfortable and natural presenter
- Able to synthesize both qual and quant data to uncover unique insights (not observations)
- Triangulate quant data points (whether it be brand tracking surveys, web data and paid campaign data) to build a deep understanding of user behaviour, always drilling down into the ‘why’
- Able to reframe problems revealing new ways to solve/approach them
- Provide insights and intelligence that help our clients make well-informed decisions with confidence
- Familiarity analysing social, paid digital media, brand tracking surveys, web data and qual customer research
- Proficient in data manipulation software, particularly Excel / Google sheets
- You have a university degree that has a strong numerical and analytical focus (e.g. maths, business, engineering, physics, chemistry, economics)
- Ideally you have 2-4 years’ experience in a media or digital agency, measuring digital campaign performance
- Other Software: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, G-suite Slides
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a growing innovation orientated consultancy.