Business Development Manager - Global Brand Licencing
Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in London and New York, and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S., with local license partners across the globe.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager for the Brand Licensing department at Condé Nast. The ideal candidate has an understanding of product licensing in an ever-changing digital world; is a highly motivated, driven, enthusiastic, results-oriented professional and self-starter with experience in business development and sales.
Exceptional organisational skills and a keen eye for detail are a must, along with international business experience, working with remote teams and a willingness to travel if needed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement business development strategy to monetise Condé Nast brands across different markets, platforms and products using a licensing model.
- Prepare and negotiate term sheets with potential partners.
- Generate and manage new business relationships at a senior level to secure high revenue long term brand extension licensing partnerships.
- Managing an extensive network of agents and finders to generate interest.
- Working with internal commercial teams to identify cross selling opportunities.
- Working with internal PR team to identify and secure media opportunities within trade publications to generate new business.
- Collaborate with Licensing Manager to ensure new licensing deals are true to brand.
- Update, and where necessary create, pitch documents for potential licensees.
- Analyze industries and competitive landscapes to stay ahead of new industry trends.
- Attend meetings and industry trade shows to identify and meet new prospective partners.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Solid network of contacts within the licensing industry.
- Track record of increasing licensing revenue.
- Proven success licensing brand extensions.
- Ability to build relationships which lead to commercial success.
- This role requires a motivated, self-starter who generates revenue.
- This person is genuinely interested in Condé Nast media brands and how they successfully diversify into brand extensions.
- Global or multi-market experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Adaptable to evolving priorities
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, confident, pro-active, goal oriented and enthusiastic
- Demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial team environment
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, G-Suite