Digital Media Strategist
Job Title: Digital Media Strategist
Department: Contiki Marketing Lab (CML)
Reporting Manager: CMO
If you are looking for a new challenge with a real opportunity to work out of your comfort zone and you want to work for a truly global brand, you ought to keep reading.
The original travel youth company Contiki Holidays would love to meet a 1st class digital media specialist to join their Digital Agency (BS&T Limited) to use their unparalleled understanding of paid and organic media channels: PPC, Paid Social, Native and Display. You’ll likely come from a Digital Marketing / digital agency background and have a keen interest in understanding how to reach youth audiences through digital media channels.
The role is designed to bridge the global and regional Content, Marketing & Tech teams and will be responsible for overseeing all global digital media activity from top funnel right through to conversion activities with our regional teams
As well as being an integral part of the CML leadership team, you’ll work closely with our performance media team, inhouse content team and regional marketing teams to ensure all media executions are aligned to the global strategy and all decisions and executions are based on insight. You’ll own the channel strategy, platforms, budget allocation, conversion funnel framework (in conjunction with our Data Analyst) as well as be heavily involved in creative messaging & testing.
Since 1962, Contiki has brought together young people from all corners of the globe to discover new cultures and a little part of themselves along the way. Throughout 350+ unique group trips, we make travel easier and more social, organising accommodation, food, experiences and transport, so our travellers can relax and focus on exploring the world with fellow young travellers.
The role requires an extremely high level of skill and competence, commercial acumen and strategic thinking, together with the ability to work as a part of a growing team of passionate ecommerce and digital marketing specialists.
Day-to-day you will:
- Strategy Development: work with the performance media and regional marketing teams to identify strategies and approach across multiple digital channels (display, search, social, video)
- Responsible for allocating, investing and optimising a significant media budget across all channels from top-of-funnel to bottom-of-funnel to meet performance and brand building goals
- Innovate and implement test and learn strategies and drive scalable results
- Ensure media is rooted in consumer and media insight to build effective campaigns
- Pre and post analysis on all initiatives to determine anticipated impact (cost, ROI, uplifts) making appropriate recommendations for future activity. Utilise media planning analytic tools
- Utilise attribution, media mix modelling and planning tools (Google Attribution 360, Nielsen, Comscore, Doubleclick etc.) to pull audience consumption, competitive reports and forecast effective target goals.
- Promote innovative media solutions in line with the evolving media landscape - advocating the importance of Digital & Innovation.
- Recommend communication initiatives with strategic partners and media owners that can be implemented on a Regional / regional level
Your background & experience:
- At least 7 years working in a similar role (either client-side or for a large digital agency)
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing channels (SEO, SEM, Affiliate Marketing, Display Advertising, Email, Content Marketing, Social Media etc)
- Expert knowledge of using research tools to inform media plans (e.g. TGI, Facebook IQ, Google Trends etc)
- Excellent knowledge of the digital landscape with the ability to discuss a clear point of view on trends and opportunities across both the travel and youth specific sectors
- Experience in managing campaigns from developing clear strategies and rationale, optimising for performance and reporting back on key learnings
- Experience in creating, developing and executing a digital marketing strategy both first hand and/or in conjunction with others (colleagues and with 3rd parties such as external agencies)
- Strong analytical approach to acquisition funnel metrics, measurement and campaign performance
- An energetic and enthusiastic attitude, with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to drive projects on your own initiative
- Strong commercial acumen, communication & stakeholder management skills
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be flexible
Fancy your chances?
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please send your resume/CV and tell us why you think you’d be perfect for this role.
Apply for Digital Media Strategist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly