Junior Business Development Manager
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to join our team as a Junior Business Development Manager? In this exciting role you will be working on our leading jobsites, People Management Jobs and Supply Management Jobs.
People Management & Supply Management Jobs are the official jobsites for CIPD (The Chartered Institute of Personnel Development) & CIPS (The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply).
As the official jobsites for CIPD & CIPS, People Management & Supply Management Jobs are the leading recruitment solutions for clients looking to hire the best talent within the HR and procurement markets. As such we have a unique differentiation to our competitors and are the number one choice for clients looking to recruit in these sectors.
It is an exciting time to be a part of recruitment advertising on the professional associations team. The changing landscape has led to us diversifying our recruitment offering across a range of employer branding solutions, consultancy services and guaranteed results for our clients.
As such, we are looking to recruit a team member who can hit the ground running and maximise revenue opportunities to help us continue our journey of diversification, change & success.
As Junior Business Development Manager, you will have your own key accounts made up of the largest recruiters investing with our brands as well as big aspirational and new business accounts. The role will be a mix between growing existing revenues through our diversified offering of employer branding solutions, as well as a real opportunity to build revenues from new clients.
The role also has the opportunity to deal with a mixture of clients, recruitment consultancies and agencies offering the ideal candidate a real variety within their role. Also working closely with the wider commercial team, there is a lot more scope for selling a variety of solutions to your client base such as live events & content solutions offerings.
We are offering a competitive salary that is in line with your experience. You will also earn uncapped commission, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to your potential earnings.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Account Director, Sales Manager, Sales Director or Business Development Director.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
You will be an experienced and proven sales person who has been in sales for the last few years looking for your next step up or new challenge. You will have this experience having worked in media sales previously or in a similar sales environment such as a recruitment consultancy.
The qualities you will possess are:
- A great attitude as well as work ethic
- Professional, tenacious and eager to succeed in terms of their own progression and success of their brand
- Is accountable and responsible for their client base, their contribution to the team as well as being aware of the overall performance of the brand against budgets and year on year
- Proven track record of consistently growing accounts and new business with a specific focus & experience on client direct wins
- Ability to articulate strategic conversations with high level decision makers both over the phone and face to face
- Recruitment media sales experience or a recruitment background is an added advantage.
- We are looking for someone that can be creative and think long term to be seen as a strategic recruitment partner to their clients
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary and uncapped commission scheme
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s Automotive division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!