Account Director - Third Sector
Are you an experienced, dynamic and forward thinking Account Manager or an Account Director looking for your next challenge?
Job DescriptionA new opportunity has arisen within the Haymarket Business Media division for an exceptional Account Director. Reporting into the Sales Director you will be responsible for the creation and management of long-term commercial partnerships with suppliers and agencies to the charity sector. These will range in diversity from tech providers, insurance firms, PR, banking and investment, accountancy and marketing specialists and legal firms. Your aim is to maximise revenue growth from the client portfolio under your control for the Third Sector network through exemplary account management and new business development.
Selling a mixture of traditional and branded content packages across digital, print and live mediums , you will be adept at presenting Third Sector’s capabilities and identifying the right solution for your clients’ needs, building long-term trust. You will work to clear and transparent team and personal sales targets and your performance will be measured against these. You will be a commercial ambassador for the Third Sector brand, attending industry events as and when required and be expected to build strong relationships with other key stakeholders within Third Sector’s Content Lab, Editorial and Live Event teams
The Role & Team
This role requires a mature, innovative and creative commercial approach, with exceptional business development and relationship management skills. You’ll be confident in communicating with board-level decision makers and demonstrate authoritative and persuasive top-level verbal, presentation and written communication skills, adept at New Business Development as well as Account Management, and will need to “think outside the box” to develop the products to meet the needs of both client groups and always be searching for new ways of helping clients achieve their business objectives. You will be an exemplary time manager, juggling time with clients with proposal writing, sales admin and internal meetings when required and be adept at managing and building your own personal sales pipeline and making personal sales forecasts.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and users, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
We are offering a competitive salary that is in line with your experience. You will also earn uncapped commission, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to your potential earnings.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Senior Account Director, Sales Director or Business Development Director.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary and uncapped commission scheme
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
- Maximising revenues from your existing client base across digital, live and print media for Third Sector
- Developing new business for the brand across digital, live and print from new clients within the sectors you manage
- Working collaboratively with other members of the team, building strong internal relationships with all key stakeholders
- Presenting complex commercial partnership opportunities to clients, primarily through face-to-face meetings
- Project managing the commercial operation of specific conferences / awards/ forums as and when required
- Creating well-presented and well-written sales proposals using the standard templates available to you
- Keeping up to date with all Third Sector audience stats across UK and US
- Keeping abreast of all relevant industry trends and news and sharing this with the other members of the team
- Identifying potential new commercial opportunities for the brand within the UK
- Ensuring all client records and bookings are kept up to date and accurate on Salesforce
- Ensuring your personal sales pipeline is well managed and up to date at all times
- Ensuring your sales pledges for the brand are as accurate as possible.
- Managing business expense claims in a timely fashion
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s Business division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!