Head of Global Partnerships -Travel industry
You will be responsible for growing a team of ‘results-driven’ Business Development Managers to generate new business across their global digital marketing platform selling product training, marketing and any other digital products to the travel industry. Our client is an award-winning, market-leader in providing innovative, unique, multilingual and interactive online training to the travel trade globally.
• Lead, manage, structure, appraise and motivate a world class sales team to sell in accordance with targets and budgets
• Track, monitor and manage all KPI sales activities driving sales results and improve/beat targets
• Hire, train, mentor and develop sales team to the highest of standards and results
• Monitor, direct and drive revenue sales streams through vertical markets
• Manage and grow a portfolio of international clients to list product training on international websites
Standards of achievement
• Team achieves targets set (£15,000 per month per Snr BDM, £10,000 per month per BDM.)
• Team achieves company sales forecast
• You achieve your personal sales targets
Standards of excellence
• Team exceeds company sales forecast
• Weekly meetings
• Monthly/ quarterly reports and meetings
Provide regular team coaching, mentoring and training to ensure consistency of sales pitches, proposals, presentations and delivery is of the highest standard
Set clear activity and revenue targets with SD or MD for each team member on a quarterly basis (reviewed monthly) and managed weekly.
Manage team activity and monitor results on a regular basis. Celebrate achievements individually and as a team!
Continuously look to find talented BDMs and recommend hires in consultation with senior management
Lead team to create revenue streams from products and verticals (sectors/ countries) as well as sponsorship for events, academies, advertising
Lead team to work with Account Managers to account manage relationships with travel companies and up sell for further courses or marketing where help is needed
Ensure team completes all necessary administration and follows process and procedures especially for client handovers
Manage accuracy of sales pipeline and invoicing figures and provide a monthly report from for board meetings
Generate, develop, account manage your own portfolio and pipeline of clients leading by example in salesmanship
Attend, participate and speak at any relevant seminars/ conferences/ exhibitions/ networking or social events for the travel industry to enhance the brand and meet potential clients.
For annual budgets, recommend to senior management, for approval, a proposal for each event/ overseas trip, trade mission or trade show detailing costs and potential revenue expected
Manage your team to ensure all trade shows and conferences are covered by organising pre-arranged meetings and allocating BDMs to relevant sections of the trade show as relevant
Keep accurate reports of event results to measure KPIs
Work to the ‘Best Practise’ document to help ensure fair salesmanship and add to this document as required in consultation and agreement with the team
Address any poor performance or motivation issues with team member early to target improvements
Apply for Head of Global Partnerships -Travel industry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly