Account Manager - Global Advertising Agency
Account Manager, Advertising, London, £32k - £35k
The Agency for the Account Manager
A full-service agency that is part of a world-famous advertising network. The agency specialises in creating bespoke local solutions for well-known international brands across the network and this involves understanding creative and strategy and how it can be applied to local markets.
Implementation and adaptation are rapidly growing areas in the advertising field and this agency leads the way.
They have an excellent relationship with their blue-chip clients and work closely with their clients to maximise the impact of their communications.
The agency operates regional hubs with London being the central global hub, co-ordinating all other offices. This is medium sized with a great team spirit in an international environment.
Their service offering is fully integrated and includes ATL, BTL and TTL campaigns across the world with creative interpretation at the heart of everything they do.
The ability to spot and run with a brilliant creative idea is the key to their success.
The Account Manager role
The agency is seeking an Account Manager with international integrated agency experience to handle a global FMCG and an online retail account.
This is more of a network co-ordination role that is client-facing. It is a pivotal role as the Account Manager will be the link between London and a broad set of stakeholders: the client, the internal team and the agency-partners (globally, regionally and locally). Especially important will be the Account Manager’s ability to help manage this group, ensuring they are connected and aligned.
The Account Manager will be using their agency experience to judge the creative elements of the account and engage in strategic conversations whilst showing an understanding of the local markets.
As an Account Manager, you will work closely with Account Director managing the running of the accounts, assessing the client needs and objectives, keeping in touch with the local markets, managing localisation, production requirements as well as maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
Key elements of the Account Manager role include:
- Working closely with the hub agencies; understanding the strategic background for each brand
- Helping to cascade global work out and aid local development with toolkits and reviews
- Liaising with local markets to update campaign progress across all the disciplines (ATL, digital, Shopper, PR etc.)
- Collating work from across the markets for update meetings
- Coordinating workflow with internal production teams (Video, Print, Digital, Translation) to ensure the smooth running of localization projects.
- Managing budgets
The Account Manager can expect to work on a range of jobs from an ad transcreation to large scale campaign rollover and media plan fulfilment.
It is a classic Account Manager role with the emphasis on network coordination and the Account Manager will be joining a supportive team in a friendly agency whilst gaining a lot of autonomy.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Account Director in planning, processes and local market activities.
- Supporting the Account Director in meeting financial and strategic client goals.
- Playing an active role working with the lead creative agency and global/regional media team to discuss strategic development.
- Evaluating each campaign roll out to ensure a high-quality service.
- Together with Account Director preparing and delivering presentations and reports.
- Building a relationship with the local market team; understanding their campaigns against global strategy, objectives, requirements and managing localisation projects for them.
- Ensuring local markets & adaptation work is done on strategy and according to brand guidelines
- Facilitating resolution of issues & escalation
Desirable Experience/Skills for the Account Manager role:
- Good advertising agency background
- TV, video, print and online campaign management
- Experience of working on global accounts: network management and localisation
- Ability to build and develop strong working relationships with clients and agency-partners
- Operating in a fast-turn around environment
- First class presentation and administrative skills
- Ability to plan forward and see a bigger picture overview
- Keen financial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands on operator
Why apply for this Account Manager role?
The Account Manager will be joining an exceptionally good network agency that is rapidly growing and offering great career prospects managing two terrific international accounts.
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Are you an Account Manager with Imposter Syndrome? Do the quiz! https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/do-you-have-imposter-syndrome-catherine-lamb/