Digital Product Designer
Digital Product Designer - London
A Digital Product Designer is needed to join a fast growing, entrepreneurial investment company in London. With a forward-thinking approach to everything they do this role is also open to candidates seeking flexible working or reduced hours.
Founded in 1986 they have now grown to 25,000 investors with over £1 billion of assets under management. They believe that a great investment opportunity isn't just financial, it's a chance to invest in things that matter. They are very open and transparent with all their employees meaning a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere for everyone making it a great place to work. Due to continued success they are now looking for a hands-on Digital Product Designer.
Joining as the Digital Product Designer you will be working with their new brand guidelines and their digital design system. You'll collaborate with product managers, business analysts, marketing & comms, sales, customer services and development teams to build delightful, useful and usable products that their customers (both internal and external) love to interact with. Whether you are leading the design (UX/UI) planning, creating merchandise or managing and leading the development of their design systems, it will be down to the Digital Product Designer to support the team when needed.
To qualify. You should be a Digital Product Designer / Digital Designer / Product Designer / Lead Product Designer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Previous experience as an UX/UI designer (interaction/visual) who can work independently as well as mentor junior members;
- In depth knowledge of user-centered design process with a degree and/or masters or similar in a design-related course;
- Comfortable to go from user journeys to wireframes and prototypes to beautifully crafted high-fidelity visuals – you enjoy the details as much as the bigger concepts;
- An expert in design software – Sketch, Invision, Adobe CS (they use Balsamiq for wireframes and Lucid Chart for journeys);
- Familiar with user research methods – they use Hotjar and GA to track user behaviour;
- A portfolio of detailed examples of beautiful interaction and visual designs plus sketches/notes of how you've developed your solutions;
- A creative thinker - an attitude of continuously wanting to improve designs for the user and an ability to balance that with business priorities.
A background in financial services would be desirable.
They welcome diversity and would consider some flexibility on working hours and location such as 4-day weeks or reduced hours for example for parents and carers or entrepreneurs who want to keep some of their working week free for their own projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Product Designer to join a friendly and down to earth environment. In return, they can offer you a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, pension scheme, health insurance, life assurance, free drinks on Fridays, office pool table, two company trips per year and much more!