Account Director – Corporate Events
Due to continued expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award-winning event management company based in the heart of Staffordshire.
We are looking to appoint at Account Director level a Business Development Manager to drive forward two key areas of our business:
- A new role, with the autonomy to develop our existing “Direct Client” relationships with an emphasis on the full events service offering that KDM provide, requiring a proactive approach with senior level client contacts. Any clients or contacts that you can bring with you would of course be an advantage.
- Working in conjunction with our existing team, to help strengthen our venue partnerships by regularly visiting hotels & conference centres.
About KDM Events:
Established in 1990, and winner of the Gold Award for “Best Event Provider” three years running at the M&IT Awards, our team of 25 specialise in organising and delivering a vast range of corporate events – from conferences and roadshows, finding venues & away days, to team-building and themed parties.
About the individual:
- A confident individual, adept at cultivating/developing relationships both over the phone & face to face, with senior level client contacts.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant events industry experience is a must, and strong preference will be given to candidates coming from an agency background or position.
- You must be able to work without constant direction, be self-motivated and a commitment to your career is vital!
Working patterns, salary & progression:
- A competitive salary shall be offered, in addition to company bonus scheme along with mileage, pension & laptop etc - holiday entitlement is 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Whilst progression within the company is dependent on both company and individual performance – the role will suit an ambitious individual with the desire to further develop their career.
- The role is a full-time & permanent position, based in our Trentham office and working a 40-hour week Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
- However as the role will have a large element of client & venue meetings, the ability to work from home can be considered & flexibility in the number of days worked is also a possibility for the right individual.
To apply for this role, please press ‘apply now’ and address your covering letter FAO Brad Davies.
A covering note explaining why this specific position is of interest to you shall be looked upon favourably!