Our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to work in a fast-paced environment and will work well in a team. The Assistant Merchandiser will assist in maximising the profitability of the organisation, within the Buying and Merchandising function.
Position: Assistant Merchandiser (Full-Time / Permanent)
Salary: Commensurate with experience (plus benefits)
Location: London NW1 4RY
About Our Client
This is an international conservation charity. Their vision is a world where wildlife thrives and they are working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, they are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of their pioneering scientists, their dedicated conservationists and their unrivalled animal experts in their two zoos, their purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct.
This role is ideal for someone already managing their own categories/subcategories and is ready to take on more to progress in their career and development. This role will allow the Assistant Merchandiser to work independently with the Assistant Buyer to plan their own ranges through a combination of off the shelf buying as well as developing bespoke ranges with chosen suppliers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Assistant Buyer and Junior Buyer to plan ranges, sales targets and category splits each season, with support from the Merchandiser and B&M Manager.
- Attends Trade Fairs and external Supplier meetings with the Buying team to identify key products for the upcoming season and to build on existing relationships with the current supplier base.
- Producing robust range plans by category and subcategory to assist in creating ranges that represents a competitive and commercial range.
- With guidance, responsible for forecasting and replenishment of a range of products for own categories to maximise sales and profitability.
- Weekly, monthly and ad hoc sales analysis and reporting to support buying decisions
- Assist in implementing and improving new systems and processes.
- Manage and update the delivery schedule assessing stock requirements and communicate to the supply base, Warehouse and Operations teams.
- Reacting to sales information and working with suppliers to revise production plans and maximise sales.
- Supports the Merchandise Administration Assistant through effective critical path management.
- Conduct Supplier Reviews and performance meetings with the Buying team.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with numeracy and IT skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse data and reports.
- Managing net margins.
- Production planning skills and stock management.
- A keen eye for detail with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Flexible and organised approach to workload.
- Educated to a degree level
Please note:whilst the role is based in London the functional nature of the job may require the post holder to also work near Dunstable where their warehouse is located. The job may also require visits to external agencies, consultancies and organisations as and when necessary, as such a Full UK Driver’s License is advantageous.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) 16th February 2020
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
We kindly request no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.