Group Account Director
Group Account Director
Location: Southwark, London
Major Partners are excited to be working with the digital content experts Mediablaze. Mediablaze are a digital marketing agency who utilise data to identify scalable growth opportunities throughout the path to purchase, creating connected customer experiences that help brands grow using three core service pillars: Content Marketing, Platform Design & Build and Performance marketing.
We have joined the team in a period of growth to help bolster the team's client services, commercial and technical capabilities and a key hire within this strategy will be a highly-motivated and entrepreneurial Group Account Director. We're looking for someone with the drive, passion and track record to take on key senior client relationships and take responsibility for developing, owning and growing revenue streams across some of their most important clients.
* Client Growth, Retention & Satisfaction
* You will be your client's most senior day-to-day contact and trusted partner in delivering against their agenda by demonstrating a solid understanding of - and passion for - your client's business, allowing you to consistently drive solutions for the client and opportunities for the agency.
* You will be responsible for initiating, deepening and extending client relationships all the way up to the C-Suite which result in account growth and stability, and your standing as a trusted partner to the client.
* You should be comfortable getting into the details of an existing solution, but also leading a pitch for a new opportunity.
* You will consistently identify needs that clients may not recognise and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
* You will be accountable for setting the agenda and objectives for your accounts by co-authoring business plans in collaboration with departmental heads and remaining accountable to these plans throughout the lifecycle of your accounts.
* Be responsible for ensuring that your accounts are staffed with the correct internal and external teams, and when required be accountable for finding the right talent with a sense of urgency.
* Ensure that all project and retainer work has been budgeted and planned within the agencies finance and resourcing software in accurate and timely fashion.
* Lead, motivate, inspire and empower the client group team day to day, ensuring they spot opportunities, see beyond challenges and deliver to the highest possible standards
* You will contribute to internal communications and PR by ensuring work is summarised, case studies are developed and celebrated throughout Mediablaze.
* You will lead and mentor Account Directors and Account Managers within your portfolio, and provide a viewpoint on team resource and configuration ensuring all client growth objectives are achieved.
* Considerable experience gained within a digital agency environment.
* Demonstrated ability to grow business by breaking into different areas of client organisations.
* Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (especially content, technology, creative, media and strategy).
* Worked to build multiple account relationships and grow them year on year in both revenue and profit.
* Must have strong presentation skills, with the ability to conceive, prepare, author and give key presentations to clients and large numbers of people.
* Understanding of team utilisation and project allocation, and their relationship to overall client profitability.
* Motivated, self-starters need only apply. Mediablaze is a fast paced and challenging organisation. You must not wait for solutions; the expectation is that you deliver them.
* Proactivity and salesmanship is critical to this role. You are not managing a client, you are building a strategic platform for your client and driving Mediablaze's value proposition into the client's business.
* Natural curiosity, positivity and openness, with a big dose of fun, is what will make you successful. The solutions we deliver are big and the strategies behind them can be exhausting, so knowing how to have fun will go a long way and ensure you're a leader in this highly competitive client marketplace.
If your experience matches the above and you're ready to take on your next challenge within a dynamic and forward thinking agency please get in touch!