A global media company and home to iconic brands. The company is headquartered in London and New York.
The role of Technical Author requires an experienced professional who would confidently work within the Business Systems team on custom solutions and projects covering finance, reporting and integration technologies.
They are expected to provide exceptional documentation - writing, editing and presenting information in clear and concise English whilst adhering to brand guidelines. The information needs to be organised effectively to support a range of UK and Global back office technology initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
● Understanding of the business systems and applications for which documentation is to be prepared. Gather information by studying existing technical content, interviewing subject matter experts and where necessary interacting with the product directly, to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
● Planning and managing the authoring of the project to ensure timely delivery of documentation.
● Be a self motivated individual who shows initiative and has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
● Support the application and project teams in delivering new solutions to Condé Nast internal stakeholders in the UK and globally.
● This is a hands-on role focused on supporting the Business Systems manager, working across a wide range of UK and Global projects as Condé Nast implements a number of foundational technologies across different markets.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
● At least three years of software-based, technical writing experience.
● Experience of producing technical architecture diagrams, training documentation and user facing support documentation.
● Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Keynote, Google Docs or Google Slides preferable.
● Familiarity with a range of current generation back office technologies is an advantage. For example, ERP systems, Financial Planning and Reporting, Travel and Expenses, ETL solutions, BI and HR solutions.
● Meticulous attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills and a thorough approach to producing high quality documentation.
● Exceptional time management.
If you feel you are a good fit and would like to apply please do so or get in touch directly at email@example.com