Midweight Project Manager
Our client is a leading retail design agency based in London. They are currently looking for a Middleweight Project Manager to join their busy studio.
This role will suit an existing Project Manager or a Junior PM who is ready for the next step, ideally bringing with them direct experience from within the creative retail display industry.
This person will be responsible for managing the full end to end project process, with much focus on client facing account management, for one or more large multi-project clients. Although day to day work will be autonomous and self-driven, there will be senior support for this role, with the significant decisions being under direction and worked through as a team.
Reporting to the MD, and/or Senior Management, this busy role requires a creative and holistic approach to project management. We are looking for confidence, top class interpersonal skills, a detail orientated approach, and an absolute commitment to producing the highest quality exclusive customer experience, and project delivery, no matter the scope of the project.
A good eye for aesthetic, and understanding of the design process is a must. This role will require the ability to work easily with 2D and 3D Designers, in-house production management (both locally and globally) and various external suppliers and collaborators.
This person will need to demonstrate previous experience of managing both Brand roll-outs, and bespoke installations. Experience of working with client allocations, and the ability to deal with shifting project parameters, will be paramount for the occupant of this role to hit the ground running.
Responsibilities and skills
- Receiving briefs from clients, and working on initial stages of interpretation and planning to define a project's scope and goals, alongside MD and/or Senior Management
- Agree clear and attainable project objectives with the client, and see these through to completion
- Work with Designers to create any required visuals, ensuring that the brief is accurate and communicated with the Design team efficiently
- Effectively communicate client and design briefs to Production to enable the 3D sampling stage
- Creative, practical and logistical troubleshooting throughout all stages of a project
- Management of stages of client sign off and approval processes
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with various external partners, material and print suppliers, and formers
- Main point of contact for external material/fabrication suppliers. This may potentially involve managing international production, and some travel outside of the UK.
- Lead in day-to-day communications with Clients, applying strong management of client expectations from brief through to delivery
- Working closely with in-house Operations and Production management to ensure that their functions are furnished with all relevant information and timelines, for each relevant project end to end
- Establishment of client budget allocation, with control and overseeing of spend and client unit cost generation / quotations. Alongside a Project Consultant in the initial stages.
- Ensuring and maintaining profitability across all projects engaged upon. Regular collaboration with MD and Senior team on this.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines, with generation and management of all critical paths, both for internal use, and external scheduling with Clients
- Management of project administration and control documents, including all official documentation required for any external bodies
- Maintaining and updating systems or documents to ensure all is on track on a day to day, and week to week, basis. The style of this can be personal as long as it is effective
- Placing orders in good time, and according to the internal critical path, in order to meet production and dispatch schedules and client delivery deadlines
- Planning and attending installations in tandem with our in-house Installation Manager. These are mainly overnight installations, and on rare occasions outside of London
- Site surveying for internal production requirements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
- Successfully managing, maintaining and strengthening client relationships
- Two yrs minimum within a similar business or creative retail display/production environment
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency/industry or from working directly for a retail brand
- Experience with managing external suppliers and collaborators
- Comfort working with roll-out budgets of £250k plus
- Ability and ease with working across multiple projects running simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of verbal and written English language
- Good level of numeracy required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
Advantages (but not required)
- Graphic or computer based design skills - Adobe creative suite (illustrator/Photoshop/in- design) / Sketch-up / CAD etc
- Practical and hands-on creativity
- Familiarity and/or expertise with material and fabrication processes for 3D prop making
- Project Management qualification
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.