Director of Sales – Congress & Event
Are you our new colleague?
Do you have what it takes to manage, develop and execute Sales activities for our congress, conference and events business? Do you possess the commercial acumen, sales experience, global network and management tools to drive our business forward?
If so – we would like to talk to you about leading an ambitious, high-achieving team in a dynamic work environment, that takes pride in thinking creatively, always with the customer top of mind.
About the job?
As Director of Sales – Congress & Events, you would be responsible for the leadership and development of all sales activities and opportunities relating to international and national congresses and events in Bella Center, Copenhagen. It is a position that demands excellent managerial skills and great experience in leading and developing teams, building strategies, focused on delivering great customer experiences, as well as operating a sales organization.
You will be responsible for the planning and ultimate execution of the sales strategy for Bella Center in collaboration with the Senior management team. The role involves continual collaboration within your own team as well as across several other departments’ teams across the organisation including both product and campaign development.
You need to possess a holistic and strategic understanding of sales and to have a proven track record of success within sales and management. Overall, depth of knowledge and a strong network within the congress and events industry both nationally and internationally, is essential.
The role is characterized by a fast-paced working environment and requires you to have the ability to work with and through others to be able to meet goals. You will build a wide network of contacts collaborating both inside and outside the organization. It is crucial that you are able to bring out the best in others through your relationship-building and collaboration skills in order to reach your targets for the department.
Tasks will include (and not limited to):
- Overall responsibility for the sales strategy in collaboration with Senior management
- Implement overall sales strategy in your department
- Manage, direct and motivate your team
- Budgeting and forecasting the department’s revenue targets on an ongoing basis
- Delivery of budgeted revenues in line with expectations
- Understanding of client expectations & facilitation of delivery of “Moments that matter”
- Handling the overall responsibility & direction for the department’s workflow
- Preparing and facilitating the internal planning and workflow meetings
- Preparing and facilitating internal meetings in relations to optimizing workflow and/or sales strategy
- Ensuring brand standards are met at all times
- Implementation of the team’s overall CRM strategy within the department
- Securing a consistent, high quality and unified level of selling skills through training
- Management of own client portfolio, with revenue targets
- Handling negotiations of domestic and International contracts
- Ongoing reporting to the team/group’s commercial management team
- Ongoing Stakeholder-management (brands, colleagues, internal & external partners, etc.)
- Structured and focused approach within the team to sales and planning objectives
- Recruitment and training of new employees
- Development, training, coaching and mentoring of the team’s competencies
- Leadership & Motivation of team to achieve goals
- High level of client service
A continual, focused approach to develop your department strategically, operationally and organizationally. A focus on streamlining the sales process across the team through training, coaching and best practice sharing. Creation of a client-focused culture. A data driven approach to all Sales decisions & analysis and use of appropriate & timely forecasting and trend spotting to assist with future challenges . At the same time, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing work environment and meet unexpected challenges with creativity, adaptability and positivity.
In addition, you are characterized by:
- Proven managerial experience and ability to reach financial targets
- A high level of energy & drive
- Goal and performance-oriented approach
- Experienced in managing several concurrent projects, at all times maintaining focus
- Fluent in Danish and English both orally and written
- High level of service with focus on client relations & understanding of customer needs
- Ability to foresee market trends and adapting strategy, processes and workflow.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to maintain overview, attention to detail and passion in your trade.
You need to be a natural multi-tasker and able to spot the urgency of new tasks and objectives. You have the driving force and the initiative to get things done correctly while still meeting your deadlines. Your knowledge within sales and business operations and your ability to motivate others through management and relation building, will be the driving force behind your success in this position.
About the company
You will be a part of a department characterized by ambition, where the driving forces are passion and the will to create great results & deliver . We have a strong focus on collaboration to make sure we reach both the department’s targets as well as our individual goals.
In BC Hospitality Group A/S we value diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply despite gender, age, disabilities, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
NB. We will be interviewing during the application process.
BC Hospitality Group, has more than 1,580 hotel rooms, 162 meeting and conference rooms and approx. 200,000 square metres of conference, meeting and event facilities with capacity for more than 30,000 people.
BC Hospitality Group has approximately 2,000 employees, of whom approximately 750 are permanent staff and an annual revenue of almost DKK 1 billion.
BC Hospitality Group A/S is one of Denmark's largest companies within hotels, conferences, trade fairs and hospitality. The company consists of: Bella Center Copenhagen, Scandinavia’s largest exhibition and conference centre – Comwell Conference Center Copenhagen, Denmark’s largest conference centre – Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Denmark’s leading hotel within sustainability – AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, the largest designer hotel in Scandinavia – Marriott Copenhagen, one of Copenhagen’s best-known, five-star hotels – CIFF, northern Europe’s leading fashion fair - CIFF Showrooms, Scandinavia's largest fashion house for professionals with more than 16,000 sqm of permanent showrooms. – International House, Bella Center Copenhagen’s office hotel rent out offices from 11 sqm to 300 sqm.