(Maternity Cover) Senior Copywriter/Creative
We’re looking for maternity cover for our Senior Copywriter in an exciting integrated agency in Soho. We have a diverse portfolio of clients including luxury goods, film, travel, retail, charity, real estate and public sector.
The role is a seven-month contract starting from the start of April, but who knows, we may like each other so much we might not be able to say goodbye!
First, a bit about us.
We’re an independent full-service agency who are curious, fearless, honest and passionate – with a large dose of fun and mischief thrown in.
bandstanders hail from all parts of the creative industry; from big brand consultancies to brand owners, advertising agencies to pure digital shops and everything in-between, which allows us to see things differently; it allows us to question everything, positively.
It means we’re at home working with clients on business and brand strategy, through to design and visual identity, ads, social campaigns, web builds and moving image in-house – as one slightly dysfunctional family.
We’re not sector-based; it keeps things interesting and broadens our horizons. In essence we create simple, bold work, that works.
Culture-first is everything to us – and we all look out for one another when needed.
One of your main responsibilities will be to act as the creative lead on one of our key clients.
- Respond to varied briefs and deliver highly engaging communications; including big ideas to moving image scripts, ad campaigns, websites, print collateral and brochures, social posts, brand guidelines, emailers, and more. It’s end-to-end writing.
- Lead on projects, taking your ideas from concept right through to execution.
- Work collaboratively with the creative team to bring your words to life.
- Help our account teams scope ideas and work proactively to manage your own time and deadlines.
- Spend face time with the clients, so communication and openness is key.
- Be required to use your own initiative and work independently.
- Make decisions and communicate with authority.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and lead them through all the stages of the creative process.
- Be a Senior member of a fast-paced creative team.
- Be a generous mentor, and help nurture the talent and creativity from our creative team.
- Assist the Head of Creative and Head of Design in elevating the creative output.
- Have a good understanding of basic Microsoft programmes. Google Docs and Keynote is required.
- Have the ability to smoothly slip over to other roles to cover absence or help pick up the slack (from production bits to an eye for art direction to occasional strategic thinking to underpin creative decisions) to keep the machine running smoothly.
- A passionate creative, conceptual copywriter with a strong grasp of words.
- A strategic thinker and creative storyteller.
- A problem solver who thrives on cracking a client’s brief.
- An eager self-starter with strong organisation skills.
- A strong and persuasive presenter. You relish the opportunity to present the ‘big idea’ – and you’re not afraid to push back when needed.
- Willing to step outside of your comfort zone and “the norm” and give basically anything a bash. Write a poem? A rap? Write a string of dirty limericks or songs? Why not.
- A keen collaborator. You’ll thrive when working with our team of hybrids, be that a Junior Designer or Senior Strategist.
- A creative visionary and able to provide direction to the other members of our team.
- A stickler for detail, with a keen eye for accuracy and very high standards.
- Confident and able to take ownership of an account or group of accounts.
- Culturally aware, with your finger on the pulse of new work and an interest in the advertising industry.
- Informed of clever campaigns and keen to share the best in working practices with our team.
- At least 8 years agency or in-house copywriting experience.
- A broad portfolio of work that demonstrates an aptitude for long copy and a flair for snappy headlines and creative ideas.
Nice to haves:
- You don’t need to be a hybrid art-director, but a good understanding of layout and typography is a bonus.
- You’ll have experience in bringing your ideas or scripts to life. So, exposure to being on set would come in handy.
- Experience working for property clients, as we have a few.
bandstand promotes a ‘People First’ philosophy and rewards staff’s hard work with a whole host of soft benefits and company away days, as well as a competitive salary package.
If any of this tickles your fancy, and you think the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply with a cover letter, your portfolio and CV.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for (Maternity Cover) Senior Copywriter/Creative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly