Strategy Director - International branding
This is a highly respected independent brand consultancy with some major client names to its credit. The team work with clients in the UK and globally, producing some outstanding strategic and creative brand solutions and strategies. The work is brand-centric but varied and they work with clients from a broad mix of sectors, both B2B and B2C. They are known for the quality of their thinking and have produced some memorable work. The agency is right in the heart of London. It has a family feel and it’s a creative, warm and collaborative environment in which to work.
Strategy Director – The Role
This person will be responsible for providing strategic and commercial rigour on client work, taking a leading role in winning work and helping develop clients’ imagination to open them to new and exciting opportunities. They will report to the head of consulting.
Strategic Director – Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in brand consulting and proven experience of leading and driving significant projects for global brands
- A background in branding; ideally gained from another brand consultancy or creative agency
- Experience articulating compelling brand strategies for both B2B and B2C
- Experience developing commercially viable propositions
- A particular interest in creative solutions; someone who enjoys developing creative outputs with designers and creative teams
- Confident and comfortable presenting to senior level clients
Strategy Director – Responsibilities
- Providing strategic and commercial rigour on projects and contribute to developing creative solutions
- To engage effectively with c-suite clients, with persuasiveness and gravitas
- To partner effectively with other members of the project team to ensure that rigour is balance with inspiration and imagination
- To develop and present well-thought through, well-structured and compelling arguments in all forms of communication and also propose innovative ways to convey ideas and information.
- To deliver a great client experience through activities such as workshops as well as day-to-day interaction
- To gain the trust and respect of clients and the internal team
- To grow and develop existing business, working closely with the client services team to maximise opportunities with current clients
- To proactively share knowledge and points of view
- To offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
Strategy Director – Personality
The strategy director will thrive in a creative business environment. They’ll be commercially minded and proactive; someone who understands brands in a business context, is insightful and inspiring and a great team player with a sense of fun and a sense of humour, someone happy to leave their ego behind in order to work collaboratively. You may be working in a larger agency and looking for more flexibility and freedom. Or you could be in a small boutique consultancy looking to work on a wider mix of large, dynamic and international programs.
For this, and for other senior strategy roles, please do get in touch.