Keen to explore how shifting shopping habits are affecting town centres? Confident about quizzing ministers on their housebuilding plans? Able to spot important stories in official data or government documents? If so, this could be the job for you.
Planning is looking for a reporter to join its content team.
Reporting to the deputy editor, you will write news, analysis and features for our monthly magazine, weekly email edition and daily bulletins.
Candidates must have a recognised journalistic qualification or experience. An ability to make complex issues accessible through clearly structured and accurate reporting is essential.
An existing understanding of the sector would be helpful, but is not as important to the role as curiosity and a willingness to become knowledgeable about the subject matter.
Planning is the title for town planners and professionals concerned with planning and managing the natural and built environment. Our content team covers all the key planning issues, ranging from city centre regeneration to fracking.
To apply, please submit a CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the job, as well as three examples of bylined pieces (ideally via online links).
The title is part of Haymarket Business Media. This role will be based at our offices in Twickenham.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good news sense and ability to think creatively about the news agenda
- Ability to meet deadlines, whether daily, weekly or monthly
- Data journalism skills, or the capacity to develop them
- Curiosity and the willingness to become knowledgeable about the subject matter
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Good organisational skills and the ability to juggle deadlines and priorities
- Professional demeanour and attitude
- Ability to use your own initiative and motivate yourself
- Tenacity and determination