Head of Industry Sales - EMEA
- To maximise Intrepid Group sales growth by managing the commercial relationship with all EMEA industry partners.
- To seek, develop and maintain relationships with industry partners, negotiating preferred agreements.
- To provide leadership, strategic direction and a results driven sales culture through the BDM team as a whole
- To work with the Managing l Director to set and achieve Intrepid Group’s annual and monthly sales goals.
- To work in collaboration with the Marketing team to set our Industry Marketing strategy, flexing to ensure its successful delivery, and help manage the resulting budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven success in negotiating business agreements and driving sales growth
- Management experience with accountability for B2B sales
- Working knowledge of the EMEA travel market
- Personal and/or professional travel experience in Intrepid Group destinations
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Absolute passion to smash our results
- High level negotiation and decision making skills
- High standards of customer service and excellent communication skills
- To be the face and voice of Intrepid Group to the EMEA Industry
- Ability to lead and manage a small team
- Ability to create and manage sales strategies
- Ability to manage within budget
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Friendly, flexible and a sense of humour!
- An understanding of and belief in Intrepid’s Responsible Travel philosophy and Core Values
KEY ACTIVITIES TO DELIVER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Operational Accountabilities of Role Benchmark Measure
- Growth in Industry sales
- % growth in revenue on last year meeting set targets from all channels
- Key Account Management
- Intrepid Group as #1 partner of choice for our key partners
- Service levels are recognized as best in industry
- In conjunction with the Industry Marketing team development & execution of annual / quarterly sales & marketing plans
- Business Development
- Bringing lucrative new business partnerships into our portfolio to reach sales goals
- Intrepid viewed as the Industry’s Partner of Choice.
- A high performing team of PGMs
- A sales team valuing our industry partners, hungry to grow the business.
- An innovating industry marketing team, with successfully executed activity to maximize ROI, in conjunction with Marketing Manager.
- Strategic Direction
- Ensure quarterly sales plans & campaign cycles are developed that align with the company plan & sales/marketing global calendar
- Sales revenue meeting pre-determined KPI criteria for each campaign
- Developing and meeting KPIs for company budgets
- Sales acquisition cost & reporting
- Manage preparation of industry sales and expenditure budgets prior to commencement of the financial year in conjunction with Managing Director
- Track and report on results
- Produce all required reports for the sales group and management group
Provide input to development of product strategy and offerings
- Ensure all departments are aware of competitor activity and pricing strategy
- Work with product to ensure both product development and pricing ensures the Intrepid Group brands are well positioned within the experiential niche market
- To travel around the EMEA region as required
- Work flexible hours where required
- To attend various travel shows & promotional events when necessary
- Covering for colleagues in their absence