Our data and marketing technologies are crucial to Haymarket’s continued data-driven revenue growth. We are looking to recruit a data driven Business Analyst to analyse, scope and manage our data and marketing systems projects. It’s a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate looking to hone their skills in this business critical area.
As the Business Analyst, you’ll be responsible for providing business/systems analysis, project scoping/management and tactical advice for development and deployment of marketing technologies and data projects.
- You will be the link between technology teams and our internal customers, ensuring the solutions we design meet business needs.
- Act as the subject matter expert for marketing systems, data and processes
- Assist with project business case, scoping and options analysis for data and marketing systems development projects, working with the Applications Manager to ensure options are properly estimated (cost and timescale).
- Develop project plans to assist with the management of data and systems implementation projects.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops and discussions with relevant stakeholders, sponsors and end users.
- Undertake reviews and analysis of existing systems and processes.
- Define and document business/user requirements translating them into accurate detailed specifications for new or enhanced functionality
- Engage with external systems suppliers and internal development teams to identify, evaluate and recommend solutions.
- Ensure stakeholder sign off on requirements and ensure support for proposed options/recommendations.
- In conjunction with the Applications Manager, design test plans and coordinate user acceptance testing and assist with post implementation support as required.
- Use knowledge and experience to improve project management and business analysis processes
- Produce weekly/monthly reports for the business showing project progress, issues, risks and dependencies
- Maintain overall resource and project plan, ensuring plan is kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and accurate resource/delivery forecasts
- Be approachable and personable and able to engage with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and outstanding attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Self-confident, flexible, mature and strategic outlook.
- Self motivated with the ability to proactively drive projects and work with the minimum of supervision.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commercially astute with a strong understanding of the value data can bring to the business
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Ability to convert conceptual business requirements into accurate systems requirements and solutions
- Previous experience as a technical business analysis and a good understanding of business analysis tools, methodology and best practice.
- Previous experience of business process mapping and an understanding of UML is an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of relational database structures and concepts, marketing automation/campaign management and business Intelligence technologies, such as Blue Venn Engage, Marketo, Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Qlik Sense etc.
- Strong general technical ability as well Advanced Excel skills and ability to manipulate, interpret, analyze and cleanse large data sets.
- Of degree calibre or equivalent, with at least 4 years relevant previous experience.