Account Manager mid-weight
Our client’s business was founded more than 27 years ago and is a leading UK corporate communications partner supporting businesses ranging from the FTSE 350 through to AIM, as well as private companies and those new to market. They work in print, digital and moving image and specialise in six core areas across numerous sectors:
- Video and animation
- Corporate branding
- Annual reports
- Investor presentations
- Sustainability communications
Our client is looking to hire an Account Manager in corporate communications: a mid-weight role at the heart of a fast-developing business.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and bright-minded person to join their growing team, with a can-do attitude, a strong focus on customer service and an excellent attention to detail.
As one of the main points of contact for their clients, the Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth production of projects – from briefing designers, strategists and copywriters, to managing budgets and, where applicable, working with the Account Director/Account Executive on the project.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Primarily responsible for the management of relationships with clients and liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis (either alongside AD or as main point of contact where no AD). As one of the main points of contact for clients, the Account Manager also co-ordinates the resources needed to service projects and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of each project.
- Leading a team to provide the utmost level of client service.
- Understand and manage effectively the print, digital and production process and approvals internally and externally, including: proofing, and liaising with the print, digital and mailing teams.
- Identifying opportunities to grow corporate communications partnerships with clients.
- Helping to co-ordinate the team to push clients creatively and strategically.
- Working with the pitch team with research and preparing for, and attending, pitches for prospective clients.
- Creating timetables and then monitoring and updating key milestones, as necessary, to ensure projects are completed within the agreed and required timeframes.
- Overview and management of project budget, including management of time allocation and monitoring of project specification to ensure the project remains within the initial scope, and that any specification changes are charged for accordingly.
- Production planning for your team within the production calendars and overview of team production list.
- Preparing weekly agenda and attendance at weekly production meetings.
- Overseeing all design and content changes to projects to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality at all stages. Checking in client amends throughout the proofing process.
For this role, our client is looking for a candidate who:
- has a university degree (preferably English or journalism);
- has at least 2 years’ experience of working in a corporate communications agency in a similar role;
- experience in business development and attracting new clients;
- experience working with international companies, ideally in the United States;
- has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and is committed to the importance of client/customer relationships;
- has a can-do attitude, is organised and is a highly proactive administrator;
- has an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- has excellent attention to detail.
Hours and benefits available on request.
Apply for Account Manager mid-weight
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly