EXHIBITION HEAD OF SALES AND ACCOUNT MGT - b2b international
Exhibition Head of Sales & Account Management to £75/80k plus
To lead and drive the sales and account management functions to implement the strategic commercial objectives in both the short and longer term. To drive all revenue streams and identify priorities and opportunities in a timely, considered manner. To work with the Director of the portfolio to shape the different strands of the team to maximise the long-term, sustainable profitability.
- To be directly responsible for key strategic accounts.
- To ensure a culture of unrivalled customer service is delivered across the team.
- To instil a “one team” ethos across sales & account management.
- Drive and embed all new partnership revenue initiatives within the sales team.
- Strategic sales & account management planning from concept to execution.
- Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Target C-Level relationships across key accounts
- Champion change for the benefit of the business – attitudes, processes, tech, roles and personnel where necessary.
- Champion customer service excellence across the team whilst placing revenue at the centre of all decisions.
- Evaluate the use of Sales Agents across the business and implement new strategy where required.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams
- Overseeing all budget lines across sales and account management
- Champion Training and Development across the team to identify, develop and empower individuals. Leads the development of team skills by evaluating and encouraging appropriate training and coaching models.
- Leads regular team meetings to analyse upward comms and cascade leadership decisions down.
- Passionate about sales and commercially driven.
- Leading at a senior level, with a consultative and creative sales approach.
- Proven track record in leading an events sales team to exceed revenue targets and KPI’s.
- Confident and can influence at all levels.
- Manages their own development, setting development objectives and achieving them. .
- Working to a high standard and being seen as a role model within the team.
- Flexible and proactive approach to workload.
- Ability & willingness for worldwide travel, coupled with a ‘get the job done’ attitude.
- Confident and can influence at all levels. Proven history of C-level relationships in the Tech sector
- Ability to lead and influence amongst peers in order to drive the commercial imperatives of the business.
- Ability to be a role model within the team and across the business.
- A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred; or a minimum of 5 years of sales management experience related in events or media – preferably in the technology sector.
- A strong track record of achievement underpinned by demonstrable sales techniques.
- A skilful motivator of people demonstrable through experience and ideally underpinned by training.
- Excellent formal presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate features and benefits from new concepts and create sales collateral.
- The ability to influence and persuade stakeholders in order to define and refine business models.
- Ability to ‘close’ new business and present to multiple stakeholder groups.
- A good relationship builder at C level globally including working with and understanding other cultures
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of CRM systems.
- A strong negotiator and closer both internally and externally.